Mastodinone is a homeopathic medicine used in premenstrual syndrome, mastitis and menstrual disorders.
Release form and composition
Mastodinon released in the forms:
- Drops for oral administration: a slightly yellowish transparent liquid with a fragrant odor; during storage a slight turbidity or precipitation of a slight sediment is allowed (30, 50, 100 ml each in dark glass dropper bottles, 1 bottle in a carton box);
- Tablets: round, flat-cylindrical, with a facet, beige, blotches of light brown color are possible (20 pieces each with blisters, 3 or 6 blisters in a cardboard box).
The composition of 10 g drops for ingestion includes the active substances:
- Agnus castus (Vitex agnus castus) D1 - 2 g;
- Iris (Iris versicolor) D2 - 2 g;
- Cyclamen (Cyclamen europaeum) D4 - 1 g;
- Lilium tigrinum (Lilium lancifolium) D3 - 1 g;
- Caulophyllum thalictroides D4 - 1 g;
- Ignatia (Strychnos ignatii) D6 - 1 year
Auxiliary component: ethanol - 47-53 vol.%.
The composition of 1 tablet contains the active substances:
- Agnus castus (Vitex agnus castus) (matrix tincture) - 0.162 g;
- Iris (Iris versicolor) D2 - 0.162 g;
- Cyclamen (Cyclamen europaeum) D4 - 0.081 g;
- Caulophyllum thalictroides D4 - 0.081 g;
- Lilium tigrinum (Lilium lancifolium) D3 - 0.081 g;
- Ignatia (Strychnos ignatii) D6 - 0.081 g.
Auxiliary components: lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, potato starch.
Indications for use
Mastodinone is prescribed as a symptomatic remedy for the following diseases / conditions:
- Fibrocystic mastopathy;
- Premenstrual syndrome (headache / migraine, breast tension, mastodynia, mental lability, edema, constipation);
- Disruption of the menstrual cycle and / or infertility associated with insufficiency of the corpus luteum.
- Malignant diseases of the mammary glands;
- Age up to 12 years;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Mastodinone in pill form is contraindicated in patients suffering from a genetic deficiency of lactase, hereditary intolerance to galactose, or impaired absorption of galactose and glucose (due to lactose in their composition).
Dosing and Administration
Mastodinon accept inside, with a small amount of liquid.
As a rule, it is prescribed 2 times a day (in the morning and evening) 1 tablet or 30 drops. The duration of therapy is at least 3 months (without interruption for the time of menstruation).
Usually, improvement occurs in 1.5 months. If, after discontinuation of therapy, complaints are resumed, treatment after consultation with a physician should be continued.
Bottle with drops before use should be shaken.
When applying Mastodinona may develop allergic reactions.
In very rare cases, the occurrence of undesirable consequences such as: a slight increase in weight, nausea, stomach pain, acne, itchy rash, headache. Due to the content of Agnus castus in the composition of the drug, hallucinations, temporary confusion and psychomotor agitation can occur. If these symptoms develop, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
If pregnancy occurs while taking Mastodinon, the therapy should be stopped.
Due to the ethanol content (47-53 vol.%), The drug in the form of droplets should not be taken after successful anti-alcohol treatment. Mastodinon can be used in patients with liver diseases only after consulting a doctor.
It is known that when using homeopathic medicines such bad habits as alcohol consumption and smoking have a negative impact on the effectiveness of therapy.
For prolonged, recurring and unclear complaints, you should consult a doctor.
With simultaneous use of Mastodinone with dopamine antagonists, the effect of the drug may be weakened.
Reception Mastodinona does not exclude the use of other medicines.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children at temperature up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.