The ordinary cuff is a perennial herb, drugs from which have a hemostatic, expectorant, anti-inflammatory, astringent and diuretic effect.
In various parts of the cuff ordinary (or hare cabbage) were found:
- In the leaves: tannins, vitamin C;
- In the aerial parts: kakhetins, tannins;
- In the green part: coumarins, lipids, flavonoids, lignin, phenol carbonic acids and their derivatives, tannins.
The plant also contains steroids, bitterness, fatty acids, resins, leucoanthocyanidins, tannin and trace elements (manganese, zinc, iron, nickel, molybdenum, copper and boron).
Useful properties of the cuff ordinary determine the following chemical elements:
- Ascorbic acid: removes harmful compounds that lead to the formation of malignant tumors, promotes the absorption of iron, normalizes the work of the central nervous system and blood formation process, stimulates the activity of the endocrine glands;
- Steroids (phytosterols): normalize the cardiovascular system, neutralize the action of toxins, stimulate hormone formation, regulate mineral metabolism, increase immunity, physical and mental activity;
- Phenol carboxylic acids: enhance kidney function, accelerate the process of removing bile, stimulate the antitoxic function of the liver, eliminate inflammation;
- Bitterness: have a pronounced choleretic effect, stimulate the appetite;
- Lignin: absorbs and removes through the gastrointestinal tract some types of fungi, yellow staphylococcus, salmonella, allergens, heavy metals, toxins, ammonia. It has antioxidant, detoxification, lipid-lowering, antidiarrheal, enterosorbing properties;
- Tannins: narrow blood vessels, lower capillary permeability, form a biological film that prevents negative mechanical, bacterial or chemical effects on body tissues;
- Flavonoids: neutralize free radicals, improve elasticity and strengthen the walls of blood vessels, prevent sclerotic lesions of the capillaries, inhibit the action of enzymes that destroy hyaluronic acid;
- Fatty acids: normalize metabolism, participate in the formation of energy and the construction of membranes that form the skeleton of cells;
- Coumarins: slow down the process of blood clotting, accelerate wound healing, inhibit tumor cells; are a means to prevent the formation of blood clots;
- Leucoanthocyanidins: slow down the aging process, eliminate bleeding and bacterial infections, normalize the metabolism and the central nervous system, strengthen the capillaries and blood vessels, prevent the development of cancer; are a means for the prevention of diabetes and Alzheimer's disease;
- Resins: possess immunomodulatory, antibacterial, laxative, disinfectant properties;
- Lipids: provide a synthesis of hormones responsible for the normal functioning of the nervous system;
- Catechins: slow down the aging process, prevent the destruction of cells, neutralize free radicals, so they are a means of preventing the development of cancer;
- Tannin: eliminates the symptoms of intoxication with heavy metals and poisons of plant origin, normalizes the gastrointestinal tract; possesses bactericidal, wound healing, astringent and bacteriostatic properties.
Also, the beneficial properties of the plant are determined by its constituent microelements:
- Iron: synthesizes hormones of the thyroid gland and hemoglobin, ensures the normal functioning of the muscles, increases the body's defenses;
- Boron: participates in the synthesis of vitamin D, regulates the functions of the reproductive system, normalizes hormones;
- Copper: contributes to the process of blood formation, strengthens bone tissue, activates anabolic processes, neutralizes the destructive action of free radicals;
- Manganese: participates in the synthesis of thyroid hormone and insulin, regulates lipid metabolism, promotes the formation of connective and bone tissue;
- Zinc: provides renewal of skin cells, accelerates the healing process of small wounds and cracks, reduces the manifestation of allergies, improves immunity; has antimicrobial and antiviral properties;
- Molybdenum: provides the metabolism of fat and carbohydrates, is a means of preventing anemia;
- Nickel: normalizes hormonal balance, stimulates the process of blood formation, participates in the synthesis of protein, deoxyribonucleic acid and ribonucleic acid, regulates metabolism.
Due to this composition, the preparations from the cuff ordinary possess astringent, hemostatic, diuretic, enveloping, lactogonic, antimicrobial, expectorant, diuretic, hemostatic, wound healing, sedative, anti-inflammatory, choleretic and antiseptic properties.
Indications for use
- Sluggish intestinal peristalsis, dyspepsia, stomach cramps, flatulence, enterocolitis, diarrhea, chronic gastritis with secretory insufficiency, enteritis, colitis;
- Diseases of the upper respiratory tract, asthma, tuberculosis, pneumonia, bronchitis;
- Swelling of the heart and kidney;
- Chronic pyelonephritis;
- Internal bleeding;
- Hypermenstrual syndrome, menstrual disorders, dysmenorrhea;
- Blood disorders;
- Systemic lupus erythematosus;
- Myocardial infarction, stenocardia, arrhythmia;
- Venous insufficiency;
- Cuts, wounds, ulcers, acne, furunculosis;
- Sprains, sprains;
- Exudative diathesis;
- Runny nose, cold;
- Nasal bleeding;
- Peptic ulcer disease;
- Diseases of the brain and spinal cord;
- Inflammation of the breast.
Drugs from hare cabbage are contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the active substances that make up the plant.
Homemade drugs from the cuff ordinary
To stop uterine bleeding and normalize the menstrual cycle, it is recommended to take an infusion. For its preparation, an equal amount of dry grass of an ordinary cuff, yarrow, a shepherd's purse, a poultry mountaineer, Drope bark, nettle leaves and Bergenia roots are thoroughly mixed. 2 tablespoons of the resulting collection pour 500 ml of boiling water and incubated in a water bath for 15 minutes. Ready infusion is taken orally half a glass once a day for 7-10 days.
When bronchitis is used tincture, for the preparation of which 30 g of dry grass of the hare cabbage is placed in a thermos, pour 1 liter of hot grape wine, then infuse for 12 hours. The finished tincture is taken orally 50 ml 3 times a day.
It is recommended to consult with a doctor before using home remedies from a cuff to rule out the presence of contraindications to their use.