Common raspberry is a shrub whose medicines from fruits and leaves have anti-inflammatory, hemostatic, diaphoretic and antipyretic effects.
The following substances were found in various parts of the common raspberry (or cat berries):
- Fruits: sugars (pentose, fructose, glucose, sucrose), traces of essential oil, pectins, mucus, proteins, vitamins A, B and C, organic acids (citric, salicylic, tartaric, malic, formic, etc.), tannins, Phytosterol, isoamyl and wine alcohol, coloring matter, anthocyanin cyanine, β-ionone, diacetyl, acetoin, l-epigallocatechin d-catechin;
- Leaves: sugars, mucus, ascorbic acid, flavones, organic acids, phytoncides, tannins;
- Seeds: fatty oil, phytosterols.
Medicines, which include raspberry leaves, have a hemostatic and anti-inflammatory effect, stimulate the smooth muscles of the uterus and intestines.
The fruits of the cat berries have antipyretic and diaphoretic properties, so that they are added to the diaphoretic charges and used to treat colds. It is established that the fruits and leaves of the plant improve metabolism.
Indications for use
- Flu, cold, sore throat;
- Diarrhea, stomach pain;
- Abundant menstruation, uterine atony;
- Neurosis, neurasthenia;
- Eye inflammation;
- Acne, erysipelas, skin rash, eczema.
- Urolithiasis disease;
- Hypersensitivity to the active substances that make up the plant.
Homemade raspberry medicine
As an expectorant for bronchitis and coughing, decoction is recommended:
- 3 tablespoons of crushed dry leaves of cat berries pour 3 cups of boiling water, boil for 10 minutes with a weak boil, then infuse and filter for 10 minutes;
- Ready broth is taken in hot form 1/3 cup 3 times a day.
Broth is also used to rinse hair after washing, to stimulate their growth and strengthening.
For the treatment of sore throat, stomatitis, laryngitis, cough and colitis use infusion:
- 30 g of crushed leaves of a plant are poured with two cups of boiling water, infused for 30 minutes, then filtered;
- Ready infusion is taken orally by 2 tablespoons 3 times a day or rinse the mouth and throat 4-5 times a day (for angina, stomatitis, laryngitis).
Before using homemade medicines from raspberry ordinary, it is recommended to consult with your doctor in order to exclude the presence of contraindications to their use.