Maksigan - a combined drug with analgesic, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effect.
Release form and composition
Maxigan Dosage Forms:
- Tablets: round, flat, white color, with risky and chamfer (10 pieces in blisters, 1, 20 or 10 blisters in cardboard packs);
- Solution for injection: clear, light yellow (5 ml in ampoules of dark glass, 5 ampoules in blisters, 1 package in carton packs).
Active ingredients in 1 tablet:
- Metamizole sodium - 500 mg;
- Pitofenone hydrochloride - 5 mg;
- Fenpiverinium bromide - 0.1 mg.
Auxiliary components of tablets: silicon dioxide, starch, talc, lactose, magnesium stearate.
Active ingredients in 1 ml of solution:
- Metamizole sodium - 500 mg;
- Pitofenone hydrochloride - 2 mg;
- Fenpiverinium bromide - 0.02 mg.
Additional components of the solution: hydrochloric acid and injectable water.
Indications for use
- Relief of moderate pain syndrome in spasms of smooth muscles of internal organs, including algomenorrhea, biliary dyskinesia, as well as intestinal, biliary, hepatic and renal colic;
- Reduction of pain after diagnostic procedures or surgical interventions (as an aid);
- Short-term symptomatic treatment of neuralgia, myalgia, ischialgia and arthralgia.
In the form of tablets Maksigan, in addition, take to reduce the increased body temperature due to colds or infectious and inflammatory diseases.
- Oppression of bone marrow hematopoiesis;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Severe liver / kidney function;
- Intestinal obstruction;
- Genetic deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Acute porphyria;
- Stable and unstable angina;
- Chronic heart failure in the stage of decompensation;
- Prostate hyperplasia, accompanied by clinical manifestations;
- I term and the last 6 weeks of pregnancy;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug or other pyrazolone derivatives.
With regard to the use of Maksigan in pediatrics, tablets are not prescribed to children under 5 years old, injection solution - up to 3 months, or children with a body weight less than 5 kg.
Relative contraindications that require special caution in the application of antispasmodic, are:
- Impaired renal or hepatic function;
- Predisposition to arterial hypotension (if systolic blood pressure is less than 100 mm Hg);
- Predisposition to bronchospasm;
- Hypersensitivity to non-opioid analgesics or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, as well as indications of a history of the aspirin triad.
Dosing and Administration
Maksigan tablets should be taken orally, preferably after a meal.
Recommended single doses:
- Adults and teenagers over 15 years old - 1-2 tablets;
- Children 13-15 years old - 1 tablet;
- Children 9-12 years old - 3/4 pills;
- Children 6-8 years old - 1/2 tablet.
Reception frequency - 2-3 times a day.
The maximum allowable daily intake for adults and adolescents over 15 years old is 6 tablets.
Take the drug can be no more than 5 days.
In the form of a solution, Maxigan is intended for intramuscular (IM) or intravenous (IV) use. Before injection, the vial should be warmed in the hands.
Adults and adolescents over 15 years of age with severe acute colic should be injected 2 ml slowly (within 2 minutes) intravenously. If necessary, another dose is administered after 6-8 hours.
It is also possible intramuscular injection - 2 ml 2 times a day.
The duration of treatment is not more than 5 days.
The dose for children is determined depending on their age and body weight. Average recommended doses:
- 3-11 months (5-8 kg): only in / m 0.1-0.2 ml;
- 1-2 years (9-15 kg): in / in 0.1-0.2 ml or in / m 0.2-0.3 ml;
- 3-4 years (16-23 kg): in / in 0.2-0.3 ml or in / m 0.3-0.4 ml;
- 5-7 years (24-30 kg): in / in 0.3-0.4 ml or in / m 0.4-0.5 ml;
- 8-12 years (31-45 kg): in / in 0.5-0.6 ml or in / m 0.6-0.7 ml;
- 12-15 years (46-53 kg): in / in 0.8-1 ml or in / m 0.8-1 ml.
If necessary, the drug is re-administered in the same doses.
- Hematopoietic system: leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis (may be manifested by difficulty in swallowing, stomatitis, sore throat, chills, fever, vaginitis, proctitis);
- Cardiovascular system: lowering blood pressure, tachycardia;
- Respiratory system: bronchospasm (especially if there is a predisposition);
- Allergic reactions: rash and itching; rarely - urticaria, anaphylactic shock, angioedema; in rare cases, toxic epidermal necrolysis and malignant exudative erythema;
- Digestive system: extremely rare - dry mouth, burning sensation in the epigastric region;
- Central nervous system: in some cases - dizziness, headache, accommodation paresis;
- Urinary system: rarely (mainly when Maxigan is used in high doses or taken for a long time) - urine staining in red, proteinuria, anuria, interstitial nephritis, oliguria; in rare cases - difficulty urinating;
- Other: in some cases - decreased sweating;
- Local reactions with i / m injections: infiltrates at the injection site.
In the case of long-term use of Maxigan (more than 1 week), it is necessary to monitor the functional state of the liver and the picture of peripheral blood (the number of platelets and leukocytes). If you suspect thrombocytopenia or agranulocytosis, the drug should be promptly discontinued.
Until the cause is clarified, the injection solution cannot be used to relieve acute abdominal pain.
Parenteral drug is used in case of emergency (for example, in case of hepatic or renal colic) or in cases where the patient cannot take a pill inside. Enter the drug very carefully, because there is a risk of arterial hypotension, in the position of the patient lying, slowly, under the control of respiratory rate, heart rate and blood pressure.
During therapy, colloid blood substitutes and radiopaque agents cannot be used.
During treatment, you should not consume alcoholic beverages, drive vehicles and engage in any potentially hazardous activities that require quick psychophysical reactions.
The injection solution Maksigan is pharmaceutically incompatible in the same syringe with any other drugs.
Possible reactions of Maxigan interaction with other drugs:
- Non-opioid analgesics - mutual enhancement of toxic effects;
- Allopurinol, oral contraceptives and tricyclic antidepressants - a violation of the metabolism of metamizole sodium and increase its toxicity;
- Phenylbutazone, barbiturates and other inducers of liver microsomal enzymes - weakening of the action of metamizole sodium;
- Cyclosporine - a decrease in its concentration in the blood;
- Tranquilizers, sedatives - increased analgesic action of metamizole sodium;
- Tiamazol and cytostatics - increased risk of leukopenia;
- Ethanol - mutual enhancement effects;
- Histamine H 2 -receptor blockers, codeine, propranolol - slowing down the inactivation of metamizole sodium and enhancing its action;
- Chlorpromazine and other phenothiazine derivatives - development of severe hyperthermia;
- Histamine H 1 –receptor blockers, phenothiazines, butyrophenones, quinidine and amantadine - increased m-anticholinergic action;
- Oral hypoglycemic drugs, glucocorticosteroids, indirect anticoagulants - enhancing their clinical effects.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C in a dark, dry and out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 3 years.