Magnerot - magnesium-containing drug.
Release form and composition
Magnerot's dosage form - tablets: flat, round, white or almost white in color, with a risk on one side, with chamfers on both sides (10 pieces in blisters, in a cardboard bundle 2 or 5 blisters).
1 tablet contains:
- Active ingredient: magnesium orotate dihydrate - 500 mg;
- Auxiliary components: carmellose sodium, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, sodium cyclamate, lactose monohydrate, povidone K30, microcrystalline cellulose, talc, magnesium stearate.
Indications for use
Prevention and complex treatment of the following diseases:
- Lipid metabolism disorders;
- Muscle aches and cramps, angiospasm;
- Arrhythmias caused by magnesium deficiency;
- Chronic heart failure;
- Angina pectoris;
- Myocardial infarction.
The use of Magnerot is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Renal dysfunction;
- Urolithiasis disease;
- Cirrhosis of the liver with ascites;
- Predisposition to the formation of calcium-magnesium-ammonium phosphate stones;
- Lactose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption, lactase deficiency;
- Age up to 18 years;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Magnerot should be taken orally, washed down with a small amount of liquid, before eating.
Usually, 2 tablets are prescribed 3 times a day for 7 days, then 1 tablet 2-3 times a day. The total duration of treatment is at least 4 weeks. If necessary, take the drug can be long.
For nighttime cramps, it is recommended to take 2-3 tablets in the evening.
Magnerot is generally well tolerated, but unstable stools and diarrhea are possible when taken in high doses. These symptoms, as a rule, pass independently after a dose decline.
With increased sensitivity to the components of the drug there is a risk of allergic reactions.
In patients with renal insufficiency in the case of receiving excessive doses of magnesium, intoxication may develop, the manifestations of which depend on the concentration of this substance in blood serum.
Overdose symptoms: nausea, vomiting, slow reflexes, lower blood pressure, depression, respiratory depression, anuric syndrome, coma, and even cardiac arrest. Treatment consists of rehydration and conducting forced diuresis. Patients with renal insufficiency require peritoneal dialysis or hemodialysis.
It should be borne in mind that the following factors may be the cause of magnesium deficiency in the body:
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Chronic alcoholism (due to the reduction of resorption of magnesium in the renal tubules and enhance its elimination from the body);
- Sports (due to increased perspiration);
- Consumption of foods with reduced magnesium content;
- Long stay in the sun;
- Some conditions that require increased magnesium intake, such as stress, physical inactivity, pregnancy, breastfeeding;
- Taking certain medications such as laxatives, diuretics, glucocorticosteroids, aminoglycoside antibiotics, cardiac glycosides, oral contraceptives.
Magnerot can be used during pregnancy and lactation (because during these periods the need for magnesium increases significantly), but strictly according to a doctor's prescription, since in case of an imbalance in the magnesium content, serious complications may develop, including miscarriage.
The drug does not adversely affect the speed of psychomotor reactions.
Magnesium can reduce the absorption of iron preparations, tetracyclines and fluoride, therefore between their reception it is necessary to observe 2-3-hour intervals.
Muscle relaxants, diuretics, insulin, corticosteroids and oral contraceptives reduce the effectiveness of Magnerot.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C, out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 5 years.