Magne B6 - a drug that compensates for the lack of magnesium in the body.
Release form and composition
- Coated tablets: biconvex, oval, white, with a smooth shiny surface (10 pieces in blisters, in a cardboard bundle 5 blisters);
- Solution for oral administration: clear, brown, has the smell of caramel (10 ml in two-terminal ampoules of dark glass, 10 ampoules in cardboard liners, in a cardboard bundle 1 liner).
The composition of 1 tablet contains the following active ingredients:
- Magnesium lactate dihydrate - 470 mg, which is equivalent to the magnesium content (Mg 2+ ) - 48 mg;
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride - 5 mg.
Additional components of tablets:
- Excipients: heavy kaolin, sucrose, talc (magnesium hydrosilicate), acacia gum, magnesium stearate, carboxypolymethylene;
- The composition of the shell: sucrose, acacia gum, titanium dioxide, talc (magnesium hydrosilicate), carnauba wax (powder).
1 vial of solution contains the following active ingredients:
- Magnesium pidolat - 936 mg;
- Magnesium lactate dihydrate - 186 mg;
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride - 10 mg.
* total content of Mg 2+ in 1 ampoule - 100 mg.
Auxiliary substances of the solution: sodium saccharinate, sodium disulfite, purified water and cherry-caramel flavoring.
Indications for use
Magne B6 is prescribed for an established magnesium deficiency: isolated or associated with other deficient conditions, which are accompanied by symptoms such as minor sleep disorders, increased irritability, gastrointestinal spasms or heart palpitations, pain and muscle spasms, increased fatigue, tingling sensation.
Both dosage forms are contraindicated in the following cases:
- Glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome;
- Severe renal failure (creatinine clearance less than 30 ml / minute);
- Simultaneous use of levodopa;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Magnesium penetrates into breast milk, so during lactation it is not recommended to take the drug.
Due to the sucrose content in the form of Magne B6 tablets, in addition, it should not be used in patients with fructose intolerance and sucrase-isomaltase deficiency.
Use of the drug in pediatrics: the solution is contraindicated in children under 1 year old, tablets - up to 6 years.
Patients with a moderate degree of renal failure should be under special observation during the treatment period, since there is a risk of hypermagneemia.
Dosing and Administration
Magne B6 is taken orally during the meal: pills - squeezed water, solution - dissolved before taking in 1/2 cup of water.
The daily dose should be divided into 2-3 doses.
Recommended daily doses of the drug in the form of tablets:
- Adults - 6-8 tablets;
- Children over 6 years old with a body weight of more than 20 kg - 4-6 tablets.
Recommended daily doses of the drug in the form of a solution:
- Adults - 3-4 ampoules;
- Children older than 1 year with a body weight of more than 10 mg - 10-30 mg magnesium / kg or 1-4 ampoules.
The duration of treatment is determined by the moment of normalization of the concentration of magnesium in the blood.
To open a self-cracking ampoule, you need to cover it with a cloth, take it at one end and with a sharp movement break it off. Then in a similar way to open on the other side and so that at this moment the opened end of the ampoule was directed at an angle into the glass with water, but the breakable tip was not above the glass. As soon as the second end is broken off, the solution will pour into the glass.
Magne B6 is generally well tolerated. In very rare cases, the following side effects occur:
- Gastrointestinal: abdominal pain, diarrhea, flatulence, nausea and / or vomiting.
- Immune system: allergic reactions, incl. on the skin.
In the case of taking an excessive dose of the drug in patients with normal renal function, toxic reactions usually do not occur. However, in patients with renal insufficiency, magnesium intoxication may develop, the manifestations of which depend on the concentration of this substance in the blood.
The possible symptoms of an overdose are nausea, vomiting, lowering blood pressure, respiratory depression and central nervous system depression, decreased reflexes, ECG changes, anuric syndrome, coma, respiratory paralysis, and cardiac arrest. Treatment of overdose involves rehydration and forced diuresis. Patients with renal insufficiency require peritoneal dialysis or hemodialysis.
Frequent use of alcohol and laxatives, frequent intense mental and physical exertion - all these factors increase the body's need for magnesium, which is why the development of its deficiency is possible.
In the case of a concomitant calcium deficiency, it is first recommended to eliminate the magnesium deficiency and only then prescribe calcium supplements or dietary supplements containing calcium.
Patients with diabetes should take into account that the tablets Magne B6 contain sucrose.
For severe magnesium deficiency or malabsorption syndrome, treatment begins with magnesium preparations intended for intravenous administration.
Magne B6 solution contains sulfite, which can enhance or cause the manifestation of allergic reactions, including anaphylactic, and especially in patients at risk.
Pyridoxine (one of the active ingredients of the drug), taken in high doses (more than 200 mg per day) for a long time, can lead to the development of sensory axonal neuropathy, accompanied by numbness, impaired proprioceptive sensitivity, distal distal tremor, gradually developing sensory ataxia ( lack of coordination of movements). These disorders are usually reversible and disappear after the abolition of vitamin B6.
According to clinical studies, Magne B6 does not have a fetotoxic effect and an adverse effect on the intrauterine development of the fetus, however, during pregnancy, the drug can be taken only by doctor's prescription.
Magne B6 is contraindicated to take simultaneously with levodopa, unless it is used in combination with peripheral decarboxylase inhibitors of aromatic L-amino acids.
Simultaneously with magnesium preparations, it is not recommended to take medicines containing calcium salts or phosphates, since they may impair the absorption of magnesium in the intestine.
In the case of concomitant administration of tetracyclines between drug intakes, at least 3-hour intervals should be observed, since magnesium reduces their absorption.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at temperatures up to 25 ºС out of reach of children, protected from light and dry (tablets).
Shelf life of tablets - 2 years, solution - 3 years.