Lordaestin - antiallergic drug, which is a blocker of H 1- histamine receptors.
Release form and composition
Dosage form Lordaestin - tablets: round, biconvex, film-coated yellow color, on a break of white or almost white color (10 pcs. In blister packs of PVC / PVDX film and lacquered aluminum foil, 1 or 3 packs in a carton box).
1 tablet contains:
- Active ingredient: desloratadine hemisulphate, in terms of desloratadine - 5 mg;
- Auxiliary components: microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, magnesium stearate, colloidal silicon dioxide (aerosil).
The composition of the film shell: Opadry AMB yellow 80W22099 (titanium dioxide, polyvinyl alcohol partially hydrolyzed, lecithin, talc, xanthan gum, iron yellow oxide, aluminum varnish based on indigo carmine dye, aluminum varnish based on quinoline yellow dye).
Indications for use
Lordaestin is used for the symptomatic treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis, in particular for the relief of the following symptoms: eye redness, tearing, itchy eyes, itching and nasal congestion, rhinorrhea, sneezing, itching in the palate, cough.
Also, the drug is prescribed for chronic idiopathic urticaria.
- Children's age up to 12 years;
- Lactation period;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Patients with renal insufficiency should be under special supervision during treatment with Lordaestin.
Dosing and Administration
Lordaestin should be taken orally, swallowing pills whole and squeezed with a small amount of water, 1 time per day, preferably at the same time of day. Eating does not affect the effectiveness of the drug.
The daily dose for adults and adolescents over 12 years old is 1 tablet.
Patients with hepatic and chronic renal failure are advised to take 1 tablet every other day.
The most frequent side effects caused by the use of Lordestin are: dry mouth (8%), fatigue (1.2%), headache (0.6%).
According to post-marketing research, the following adverse reactions are also possible:
- Central nervous system: dizziness, fatigue, psychomotor hyperreactivity, drowsiness or insomnia, hallucinations;
- Cardiovascular system: palpitations, tachycardia;
- The digestive system: abdominal pain, dyspepsia (including diarrhea, nausea, vomiting), increased activity of liver enzymes, hyperbilirubinemia, hepatitis;
- Allergic reactions: pruritus, rash, urticaria, anaphylactic shock, angioedema;
- Other: myalgia, dysmenorrhea.
Overdose may cause drowsiness. In this case, wash the stomach, take activated charcoal and consult a doctor. The effectiveness of peritoneal dialysis has not been established. Hemodialysis is ineffective. Further treatment is symptomatic.
When used in therapeutic doses, Lordaestin does not adversely affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and ability to concentrate. However, the likelihood of side effects from the central nervous system, including sleepiness, cannot be ruled out; therefore, caution is recommended when driving and performing other types of work with potentially dangerous consequences.
When combined with ethanol, desloratadine does not enhance its depressant effect on psychomotor functions.
With simultaneous use with fluoxetine, azithromycin, cimetidine, erythromycin, ketoconazole, clinically significant changes in drug concentrations were not detected.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of reach of children at temperature up to 25 ºС.
Shelf life - 4 years.