Longidase - a drug with proteolytic activity.
Release form and composition
Longidase Dosage Forms:
- Lyophilisate for preparing a solution for subcutaneous and intramuscular administration: a porous hygroscopic mass of white or white with a yellow tinge (in ampoules or vials, 5 pcs. In blisters, 1 pack in a carton box);
- Suppositories for rectal or vaginal administration: torpedo-shaped, light yellow in color (possible marbling staining), with a faint smell of cocoa butter (5 pcs. In blisters, 2 packs in a carton box).
The active ingredient of the drug is longidase with hyaluronidase activity. Its content is:
- 1 ampoule / vial of lyophilisate - 1500 or 3000 IU;
- 1 suppository - 3000 IU.
- Lyophilisate: mannitol;
- Suppositories: cocoa butter.
Indications for use
Longidase is used as part of the complex therapy of diseases that are accompanied by hyperplasia of the connective tissue (including those developed as a result of the inflammatory process).
In the form of injections, the drug is used in the following cases:
- Pulmonology, urology, gynecology: alveolitis, pneumofibrosis, tuberculosis, adhesions in the pelvis, chronic interstitial cystitis, tubo-peritoneal infertility;
- Orthopedics, surgery, cosmetology: adhesive disease, arthritis, joint contractures, hematomas, keloid and hypertrophic scars after burns, injuries, surgeries, pyoderma, nonhealing wounds;
- Dermatovenereology: limited scleroderma of different localization.
In the form of suppositories, Longidase is prescribed in such cases:
- Urology: interstitial cystitis, chronic prostatitis, the initial stage of benign prostatic hyperplasia, Peyronie's disease, strictures of the urethra and ureters, as well as prevention of the formation of strictures and scars after surgery on the urethra, ureters, bladder;
- Gynecology: intrauterine synechia, chronic endomyometritis, tubal-peritoneal infertility, and pelvic adhesions in chronic inflammatory diseases of the internal genital organs or developed as a result of gynecological manipulations, including artificial abortions and previous surgical interventions on the pelvic organs (including to prevent the development of adhesions);
- Surgery: long-term non-healing wounds, and adhesions after surgery on the abdominal organs and its prevention;
- Dermatovenereology: limited scleroderma, as well as prevention of fibrous complications of sexually transmitted infections;
- Pulmonology and phthisiology: tuberculosis (infiltrative, cavernous-fibrous, tuberculosis), interstitial pneumonia, pneumofibrosis, pleurisy, fibrosing alveolitis, siderosis.
Longididase is also prescribed to increase the bioavailability of diagnostic and drug products (antibiotics, anesthetics, chemotherapy drugs).
- Malignant neoplasms;
- Children's age up to 12 years;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug or other drugs with hyaluronidase activity.
With caution and no more than 1 time per week Longidase can be used in patients with renal insufficiency and pulmonary hemorrhage, including a history of.
Dosing and Administration
The dosage regimen and method of administration are determined individually depending on the patient's age, the type of the disease and the severity of its course.
From the lyophilisate prepare a solution for subcutaneous (under the scar-modified tissue or near the site of injury) or intramuscular injection. To do this, the contents of one ampoule / vial are dissolved in 1.5-2 ml of 0.25% or 0.5% procaine solution (in case of intolerance, 0.9% sodium chloride solution or injection water is used).
Usually, 3000 IU is administered in a course of 5-15 injections (depending on the severity of the disease) with intervals between injections from 3 to 10 days. If necessary, a second course is carried out in 2-3 months.
For diseases that are accompanied by a severe chronic productive process in the connective tissue, after the end of the course of treatment, Longidase is prescribed at a maintenance dose of 3000 IU, injections are made at intervals of 10-14 days.
In order to increase the bioavailability of other drugs, Longidase is prescribed in a dose of 1500 IU.
Recommended treatment regimens:
1. In pulmonology, urology, gynecology, dermatology and venereology:
- Diseases of the respiratory system - 3000 IU 1 every 3-5 days. The general course of treatment consists of 10 injections. If necessary, further maintenance therapy is carried out in the same dose, injections are made 1 time in 10-14 days for 3-12 months;
- Diseases of the pelvic organs - 3000 IU 1 every 3-5 days. The general course consists of 5-15 injections;
- Organic scleroderma of various forms and localization - 3000-45000 IU intramuscularly 1 time in 3 days. The course includes 5-15 injections. The specific dose and duration of treatment is determined individually, depending on the stage, location and severity of the disease, as well as the characteristics of the patient.
2. In orthopedics, surgery, cosmetology:
- Keloid and hypertrophic scars after burns, pyoderma, operations - the drug is injected into the scar at 3000 IU (1-2 ml) 1-2 times a week with a course of 5-10 injections and / or intramuscularly 1 every 3-5 days with a course of up to 10 injections;
- Nonhealing wounds for a long time - intramuscularly in doses of 1500-3000 IU 1 time in 5 days. The course of treatment is 5-7 injections;
- The contractures of the joints, arthritis and hematomas - intramuscularly 3000 IU 1-2 times a week. The general course of therapy consists of 7-15 injections;
- Adhesive disease - intramuscularly in doses of 3000 IU once every 3-5 days with a course of 7-15 injections.
3. Increasing the bioavailability of diagnostic and medicinal products - 1500 IU 1 every 3 days with a course of up to 10 injections.
Patients with renal insufficiency can be administered Longidase no more than once a week.
In the form of suppositories, the drug is administered rectally (after cleansing the intestines) or intravaginally (while lying) once a day at night. The treatment regimen depends on the stage, severity and duration of the course of the disease.
Recommended dosing regimens:
- In pulmonology and phthisiology: 1 suppository once every 2-4 days, total - 10-20 candles;
- In surgery: 1 suppository every 2-3 days, total - 10 candles;
- In dermatology and venereology: 1 suppository every 1-2 days, total - 10-15 candles;
- In urology: 1 suppository every other day for 20 days (total 10 suppositories), then another 10 suppositories - 1 pc. every 2-3 days. The general course consists of 20 candles;
- In gynecology: intravaginal or rectal 1 suppository in 2 days. The general course of treatment consists of 10 candles, then it is possible to conduct maintenance therapy.
If necessary, with an interval of at least 3 months, repeat treatment is prescribed or long-term maintenance therapy is prescribed - 1 suppository 1 time every 5-7 days for 3-4 months.
For intramuscular and subcutaneous administration:
- Local reactions: pain at the injection site; in some cases, tissue swelling and skin hyperemia at the injection site (the local side effects described usually disappear within 48-72 hours);
- Other: rarely - allergic reactions.
With the use of Longidase in the form of suppositories, in rare cases, allergic reactions are noted, due to increased individual sensitivity to the components of the drug.
In case of exacerbation of foci of infection in order to prevent the spread of infection, Longidase should be used in combination with antimicrobial agents.
A solution prepared from a lyophilisate must not be introduced into the zone of acute inflammation, infection or a tumor.
Longidase can be used in combination with glucocorticosteroids, antihistamines, antivirals and antifungals, antibiotics, cytotoxic drugs and bronchodilators.
Longidase increases the bioavailability of any simultaneously used drugs, accelerates the onset of analgesia in the case of using local anesthetics.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry, dark and out of reach of children at a temperature of 2-15 ºС.
Shelf life - 2 years.