Lomilan - histamine H1 receptor blocker; antiallergic agent.
Release form and composition
Lomilan Dosage Forms:
- Tablets: flat, round, white or almost white, with a notch and a chamfer on one side (7 pieces in blisters, 1 blister in cartons, 10 pieces in blisters, 1, 2 or 3 blisters in packs of cardboard);
- Suspension for oral administration: homogeneous, white or almost white in color (120 ml in dark glass bottles, 1 bottle complete with a dosing spoon in cartons).
The composition of the tablets:
- Active ingredient: loratadine - 10 mg;
- Auxiliary components: gelatinized starch, corn starch, lactose, magnesium stearate.
The composition of the suspension:
- Active ingredient: loratadine - 5 mg (in 5 ml);
- Auxiliary components: sodium benzoate, propylene glycol, sodium citrate dihydrate, polysorbate 80, Avicel RC 591 FMC, citric acid monohydrate, glycerol, white crystalline sugar, purified water, aroma of wild cherry.
Indications for use
Lomilan is used to treat and prevent the following conditions and diseases:
- Allergic conjunctivitis;
- Seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis;
- Skin diseases of allergic origin (including chronic idiopathic urticaria);
- Allergic reactions to insect bites;
- Pseudo-allergic reactions.
General contraindications for both dosage forms of Lomilan:
- Increased sensitivity to components.
Additionally for tablets:
- Lactose intolerance, lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- Children age up to 3 years.
Additionally for suspension:
- Deficit of sucrase / isomaltase, glucose-galactose malabsorption, fructose intolerance;
- Children age up to 2 years.
With caution, the drug is used for liver and severe renal failure.
Dosing and Administration
Both tablets and suspension are taken orally once a day, drinking water or milk, together with food. The tablet, if necessary, can be chewed.
Adults and children over 12 years old are prescribed 1 tablet or 10 ml (2 dosing spoons) of the suspension.
In tablet form, children from 3 to 12 years old with a body weight of more than 30 mg are prescribed 1 tablet each, with a weight of less than 30 kg 1/2 tablets.
The recommended dose of the suspension for children aged 2 to 12 years: with a body weight of more than 30 mg - 10 ml, with a weight of less than 30 mg - 5 ml (1 dosing spoon).
The duration of therapy is determined individually, depending on the duration of symptoms of the disease. If within 3 days the condition does not improve, further treatment is inappropriate.
In patients with impaired liver function, the dose of Lomilan is reduced: adults and children weighing more than 30 kg are prescribed in 10 ml of suspension or 1 tablet every other day.
Patients with severe renal insufficiency (creatinine clearance less than 30 ml / minute) also reduce the dose. Adults and children from 6 years old are prescribed 10 mg of loratadine (10 ml of suspension or 1 tablet) every other day, children from 3 years old - 5 mg (1 ml of suspension or 1/2 tablet) every other day.
According to the World Health Organization, side effects are classified according to the frequency of their development as follows: often - ≥1 / 100 and <1/10, infrequently - ≥1 / 1000 and <1/100, very rarely - <1/10 000.
Possible adverse reactions:
- Nervous system: often - increased fatigue and nervous irritability, drowsiness, headache; infrequently - insomnia; very rarely - dizziness. Children, in addition, may develop a sedative effect;
- Gastrointestinal tract: infrequently - increased appetite; very rarely - dry mouth, nausea, gastritis;
- Immune system: very rarely - anaphylactic reactions;
- Cardiovascular system: very rarely - syncope, rapid heartbeat, arrhythmia, tachycardia;
- Liver and biliary tract: very rarely - abnormal liver function;
- Other: very rarely - alopecia, skin rash.
Overdose symptoms: palpitations, drowsiness and headache. There is no specific antidote for loratadine. In the case of taking an excessive dose, it is recommended to do a gastric lavage and take an adsorbent (activated carbon). Hemodialysis is ineffective. Whether Lomilan is derived by peritoneal dialysis is unknown. After emergency treatment, medical monitoring of the patient’s condition is necessary.
Lomilan may affect the results of skin allergy tests, so if you need to conduct this study, the drug should be canceled at least 2 days in advance.
During treatment, care must be taken when driving vehicles and performing any type of work that requires quick psychophysical reactions and increased concentration of attention.
Children under 12 years old should be given the drug in suspension.
Inducers of liver microsomal enzymes (tricyclic antidepressants, barbiturates, ethanol, rifampicin, and phenytoin) reduce the effectiveness of Lomilan.
Inhibitors of cytochrome isoenzymes, such as CYP3A4 and CYP2D6 (for example, erythromycin, quinidine, ketoconazole, fluoxetis, itraconazole), increase the concentration of loratadine in the blood plasma, which increases the likelihood of increased side effects of the drug.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry and protected from light (tablets), out of reach of children at a temperature up to 25 ºС.
Shelf life - 4 years.