Lomfloks - antibacterial drug.
Release form and composition
Lomflox is produced in the form of tablets, film-coated (4 or 5 pieces in blisters, 1, 4 or 5 blisters in a carton box).
The composition of 1 tablet includes:
- Active ingredient: lomefloxacin - 400 mg (in the form of hydrochloride);
- Auxiliary components: lactose, starch, polyvinylpyrrolidone, crospovidone, sodium starch glycolate, sodium lauryl sulfate, purified talc, magnesium stearate, propylene glycol, colloidal silicon dioxide.
The composition of the film shell: methylene chloride, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, isopropanol, titanium dioxide.
Indications for use
Lomflox is prescribed for the treatment of the following infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to the action of the active substance (lomefloxacin):
- Infections of soft tissue and skin;
- Pulmonary tuberculosis (multidrug resistance of mycobacteria, acutely progressive forms of tuberculosis, tuberculosis and related non-specific inflammatory processes, poor tolerance to rifampicin);
- Lower respiratory tract infections, including exacerbations of chronic bronchitis and pneumonia;
- Otitis media;
- Gonococcal, mixed and chlamydial infections (chronic and acute);
- Urogenital infections (complicated and uncomplicated);
- Infections of the joints and bones, including chronic osteomyelitis;
- Infectious cholecystitis and enterocolitis;
- Infectious complications during transurethral surgical interventions (prophylaxis).
- Epilepsy, cerebral atherosclerosis and other conditions with a predisposition to seizures;
- Age up to 15 years;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, as well as to other quinolones.
Dosing and Administration
Lomfloks take orally, drinking a sufficient amount of liquid, regardless of the meal.
Single dose - 400 mg, the multiplicity of reception - 1 time per day.
The duration of the course is determined by the severity of the disease and the sensitivity of the pathogen:
- Complicated urinary tract infections, infections of skin structures and skin: 10-14 days;
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections: 3 days;
- Exacerbation of chronic bronchitis: 7-10 days;
- Recurrent chlamydia, including mixed bacterial chlamydial infection: 14-21 days;
- Acute Chlamydia: 14 days;
- Chronic complicated gonorrhea: 7-14 days;
- Acute uncomplicated gonorrhea: 1-3 days;
- Tuberculosis (simultaneously with other drugs): 28 days;
- Concomitant infections with tuberculosis: 14-21 days.
With functional disorders of the kidneys on the first day of therapy should be 400 mg of Lomflox, then 200 mg per day.
In the prevention of urinary tract infection after transurethral surgery and transrectal prostate biopsy, the drug is taken for 2-6 hours in a single dose of 400 mg.
In the treatment of tuberculosis, lomefloxacin is used simultaneously with pyrazinamide, isoniazid and ethambutol.
The simultaneous appointment of Lomflox with rifampicin is not recommended, since at the microbial level these drugs are competitive antagonists.
The risk of a photochemical reaction is reduced when taking the drug in the evening.
During therapy, photosensitization and allergic reactions may develop, including angioedema and an anaphylactic reaction.
Disturbances may also occur on the part of some body systems:
- Cardiovascular system: vasculitis, depression of cardiopulmonary function;
- Respiratory system: edema of the lungs and larynx;
- Gastrointestinal tract: pseudomembranous colitis, soreness of the oral mucosa;
- Urinary system: polyuria, interstitial nephritis, urinary retention, renal failure;
- Central and peripheral nervous system: dizziness, convulsions, ataxia, tremor, headache; mental disorders, including anxiety, depression, confusion, sleep disorders, taste perversions, and hallucinations; visual impairment, including photophobia and diplopia;
- The musculoskeletal system: myalgia, arthralgia, ligament tear, tendonitis;
- Blood: hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia;
- Liver: hepatitis;
- Skin: toxic epidermal necrolysis, hyperpigmentation, exfoliative dermatitis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome;
- Metabolism: hypoglycemia.
With liver cirrhosis, dosing regimen adjustment is not required in cases where kidney function is not impaired.
During therapy, exposure to ultraviolet rays must be avoided.
Antacids, vitamins and other drugs containing magnesium, aluminum and iron should be taken with a break for at least 2 hours.
Lomflox can cause impaired attention and dizziness, so the question of the possibility of performing potentially hazardous types of work requiring increased attention and quick psychomotor reactions should be solved only after evaluating the patient's individual response to the drug.
Lomflox increases the activity of oral anticoagulants and increases the toxicity of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Lomfloks is a rifampicin mutual antagonist.
Sucralfate and antacids slow down the absorption and lower the bioavailability of lomefloxacin, probenecid - renal excretion.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children at temperature up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.