Loceryl is a broad-spectrum antifungal drug for external use, which has fungistatic and fungicidal action.
Release form and composition
- 5% solution for external use (2.5 and 5 ml in dark glass bottles, in a cardboard bundle one bottle complete with disposable nail files for cleaning nails N30, spatulas N10 and tampons for cleaning N16);
- Nail polish (2.5 and 5 ml in dark glass bottles with a liner made of polymeric material (protects the drug from drying out), in a cardboard box 1 bottle complete with 30 disposable nail files, 10 plastic spatulas and 30 tampons moistened with isopropyl alcohol and hermetically sealed envelopes made of laminated aluminum foil).
In 1 ml of solution contains:
- Active ingredient: amorolfine - 50 mg;
- Auxiliary components: triacetin, butyl acetate, methacrylic acid copolymer, ethyl acetate, ethanol.
1 g of varnish contains:
- Active ingredient: amorolfine (in the form of hydrochloride) - 50 mg;
- Excipients: triacetin, butyl acetate, trimethylammonioethyl methacrylate chloride and ethyl acrylate copolymer, ethyl acetate, absolute ethanol and methyl methacrylate.
Indications for use
- Treatment of nail lesions caused by fungi sensitive to amorolfine (Loceryl is used in the form of a monodrug if no more than 2/3 of the nail plate is affected);
- Prevention of fungal nail infections.
Application Lotseril contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to its components.
Due to the lack of clinical data on the safety and efficacy of treatment with amorolfine in children, the drug should not be used in pediatrics.
It is not recommended to prescribe a drug to pregnant and lactating women.
Dosing and Administration
Loceryl should be applied to the affected nail plate hands or feet 1-2 times a week.
- Using the file included in the kit, remove, if possible, all the affected areas of the nail (especially on its surface);
- Using the supplied cotton swab, clean and degrease the nail;
- Dip the spatula into the solution / varnish and remove it from the vial without touching the neck;
- Apply to the entire surface of the nail plate;
- Allow to dry for 3 minutes.
The described procedure is carried out for each affected nail.
Removal of the affected parts and degreasing should be carried out before each application of the drug.
After using Lotseril, it is necessary to wipe the spatula and the neck of the bottle with the same tampon with which the nail was treated, and close the bottle tightly. Swab throw. Do not allow it to come into contact with treated nails.
Treatment should be continued until the affected area is completely cured and the nail is regenerated. On average, the duration of therapy is: for fingernails - 6 months, for toenails - 9-12 months.
Basically, Loceryl is well tolerated. In rare cases (0.01% -0.1%), damage to the nail may occur, manifested by a change in its color and increased brittleness. However, these phenomena may be due to fungal infection.
In very rare cases (less than 0.01%), there is a slight short-term burning sensation in the nail area after the application of the drug, and contact dermatitis is possible.
Files that treated the damaged nail plate should not be used on healthy nails.
Women during Loceril treatment are not recommended to apply artificial nails and use cosmetic varnish.
People working with organic solvents must wear impermeable gloves to protect varnished / coated nails.
The swab contains a flammable substance.
When applying the tool should be careful to prevent it from falling into the eyes, mucous membranes and ears.
Clinically significant interaction of Lotseril with other drugs is not installed.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a sealed box at temperatures up to 30 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.