Lutein complex is a normalizing metabolic process, a bioadditive to food, which has an angioprotective and antioxidant effect.
Release form and composition
The lutein complex is produced in the form of tablets of 500 mg each (10 pieces in blisters, 3, 6, 9 blisters in a carton box).
The composition of 1 tablet contains the active substances:
- Lutein, derived from natural plant sources - 2 mg;
- Natural Vitamin E, derived from natural sources - 15 mg;
- Bilberry (standardized extract) - 130 mg;
- Vitamin A - 1100 IU;
- Vitamin C - 100 mg;
- Beta-carotene - 1.3 mg;
- Copper - 0.5 mg;
- Zinc - 5 mg;
- Taurine - 50 mg;
- Selenium - 0.015 mg.
Indications for use
Lutein complex is recommended to take to improve the functional state of the organs of vision (as an additional source of minerals and vitamins) under the following conditions / diseases:
- Cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes (prevention of eye diseases);
- Dystrophic diseases of the retina (Lutein-complex is effective for non-transudative forms of macular degeneration; it can be used as monotherapy or simultaneously with other drugs);
- Long work at the computer;
- Tired eye syndrome;
- Performance of work associated with bright light (flash, welding, spotlights, etc.);
- Sports activities - skiing, windsurfing, mountaineering (due to the high reflectivity of the light rays of large snow and water surfaces);
- Age-related changes in the structures of the eyes associated with aging processes (destruction of the vitreous body, cataracts, subatrophy of the iris, etc. - to slow down these processes).
Also, the drug is used to accelerate healing after surgery on the eyes.
Lutein complex is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the drug components.
Dosing and Administration
Lutein complex is taken orally, preferably during a meal.
For children from 12 years of age and adults, the drug is prescribed 1 tablet per day. According to the indications, the dose can be increased by 3 times.
For prophylaxis, Lutein complex can be taken in courses of 2 months. It is possible to conduct two courses per year. In other cases, the duration of therapy is determined by the doctor according to indications. There are no restrictions on the timing of regular admission Lutein-complex.
Side effects when using Lutein-complex is not fixed.
Before starting the use of Lutein-complex, as well as in cases of uncharacteristic symptoms, you should consult a doctor.
Data on the interaction of the Lutein complex with other drugs are not available.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children at temperature up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 2 years.