Lizak is a combined drug with a pronounced antiseptic, antibacterial and fungicidal action for local use in dentistry and ENT practice.
Release form and composition
Lizak is available in the form of lozenges with the taste of mint and anise, chocolate, orange (6 or 10 pieces in blisters (plates), in a cardboard bundle of 1 or 2 plates).
Active ingredients of the drug:
- Lysozyme hydrochloride - 10 mg (calculated on the dry matter);
- Dequalinium chloride - 0.25 mg (calculated on the dry matter).
Indications for use
- In dentistry: inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity caused by microorganisms sensitive to the drug, including various forms of gingivitis (ulcerative, fibrous, catarrhal), aphthous stomatitis, candidal lesion of the oral cavity, glossitis;
- In ENT practice: pharyngitis, laryngitis, tonsillitis.
Lizak is also prescribed for the prevention of infectious diseases after surgical interventions in the mouth and throat.
- Galactosemia, lactase deficiency, glucose galactose malabsorption;
- Children's age up to 4 years;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
During pregnancy, Lizak is prescribed after a thorough assessment of the expected benefits and possible risks. During lactation, the drug should be used with caution.
Dosing and Administration
Lizak is designed for sucking, i.e. tablets must be kept in the mouth until completely dissolved, without swallowing or chewing. It is recommended to observe at least a 30-minute interval between meals and the drug.
The doctor determines the dose and duration of treatment individually.
As a rule, adults and children over 12 years old are prescribed 1 tablet every 2–3 hours. After improving the condition - 1 tablet every 4 hours. The maximum permissible daily dose is 10 tablets.
Children over 4 years old are usually prescribed 1 tablet at minimum intervals of 3 hours; after improving the condition, the interval is increased to 4 hours. The maximum permissible daily dose for children 4-12 years old is 5 tablets.
In order to prevent the recurrence of the disease, it is recommended to take Lizak for at least 2 days after the symptoms disappear.
Basically, the drug is well tolerated. In some cases - in the presence of hypersensitivity to the components or with prolonged therapy - the following side effects are possible:
- The digestive system: excessive dryness of the mucous membrane and imbalance of the microflora of the oral cavity, nausea;
- Allergic reactions: irritation and burning sensation in the mouth while taking the drug, as well as rash and itching on the skin, urticaria.
If within 7 days of treatment there is no improvement in the condition, it is necessary to consult a doctor to re-diagnose and correct the treatment regimen.
Caution should be exercised when it is necessary to simultaneously prescribe other medicines for topical use in the oral cavity.
Anionic detergents (for example, toothpaste) can reduce the antimicrobial efficacy of dequinium chloride.
With the simultaneous use of kayeksalata there is a risk of developing severe necrotic lesions of the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at temperatures up to 25 ºС in a dry place out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 2 years.