Livarol is a local antifungal drug.
Release form and composition
Livarol is produced in the form of vaginal suppositories: a torpedo-shaped form of white or white with a yellowish, creamy or grayish tint, marbling of the surface is allowed (5 pcs. In blisters, 1 or 2 packs in a cardboard bundle).
The structure of 1 suppository includes:
- Active ingredient: ketoconazole - 400 mg;
- Auxiliary component: butyloxyanisole.
Basis for suppositories: polyethylene oxide 400 (macrogol 400), polyethylene oxide 1500 (macrogol 1500).
Indications for use
Livarol is prescribed for the following conditions:
- Chronic and acute recurrent vaginal candidiasis (treatment);
- Fungal infections of the vagina with low body resistance and during therapy with antibacterial drugs and other drugs that lead to disruption of the normal microflora of the vagina (prevention).
- First trimester of pregnancy;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Livarol should be used with caution in lactating women, during 2-3 trimesters of pregnancy, as well as in children under 12 years of age.
Dosing and Administration
Suppositories should be inserted in the supine position deep into the vagina.
Frequency of use - 1 time per day. The duration of therapy is 3-5 days (determined by the course of the disease). In the treatment of chronic candidiasis, Livarol is used for 10 days.
Before use, suppositories should be removed from the blister pack.
During therapy, the following side effects may develop:
- Allergic reactions: urticaria, skin rash;
- Local reactions: itching of the vagina, irritation and hyperemia of the mucous membrane of the vagina.
In some cases, during therapy may develop allergic reactions in the sexual partner (hyperemia of the penis).
To reduce the risk of recurrence of the disease, it is recommended to conduct simultaneous therapy of the sexual partner.
When using Livarol with other drugs, an undesirable interaction was noted (due to the low resorption ability of ketoconazole).
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children at temperature up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 2 years.