Liprasid is a combined drug with a pronounced diuretic and hypotensive effect.
Release form and composition
Liprazide is available in the form of tablets (10 pcs. In blisters, in a carton pack of 1 or 3 packs).
Active ingredients of the drug (in 1 tablet):
- Lisinopril dihydrate (in terms of lisinopril) - 10 or 20 mg;
- Hydrochlorothiazide - 12.5 mg.
Indications for use
Liprazide is intended for the treatment of arterial hypertension (as a single agent or as part of a combination therapy).
- Idiopathic angioedema in history;
- Quincke edema caused by the use of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors;
- Severe renal dysfunction (creatinine clearance less than 30 ml per minute);
- Bilateral renal artery stenosis or single kidney artery stenosis;
- Conduct hemodialysis using high-strength membranes (polyacrylonitrile or methylsulfonate);
- Age up to 18 years;
- Increased sensitivity to components.
With care Liprazid is prescribed in the following cases:
- Mitral and / or aortic stenosis;
- Coronary heart disease;
- Cerebrovascular disorders;
- Impaired renal / hepatic function;
- Increased levels of potassium in the blood;
- The period before surgery with general anesthesia;
- Obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy;
- Severe heart failure;
- Violation of water and electrolyte balance;
- Renal artery stenosis;
- Elderly age;
- Patients on hemodialysis;
- Persons who are on a low sodium diet;
- People whose work is related to the management of potentially dangerous machinery.
Dosing and Administration
Liprasid should be taken orally, swallowing the pill whole, squeezed with a sufficient amount of liquid, 1 time per day, preferably at the same time. If necessary, the tablet can be divided into parts. Eating does not affect the effectiveness of the drug.
The initial dose is usually 5-10 mg (for lisinopril). In case of insufficiency of the therapeutic effect, after 1-2 weeks of treatment, the dose is gradually increased. The average daily maintenance dose is 20 mg, the maximum allowable is 80 mg.
The initial dose for patients with impaired renal function (creatinine clearance more than 30 ml / minute) and patients with renovascular arterial hypertension is 2.5 mg per day.
The doctor determines the duration of the course of treatment individually for each patient.
- Gastrointestinal: pain in the epigastric region, digestive disorders and stool, dryness of the oral mucosa, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite; in rare cases - a change in taste, jaundice, hepatitis, pancreatitis;
- Central and peripheral nervous system: violation of sleep and wakefulness, fatigue and irritability, headache, emotional lability, dizziness, weakness, paresthesias, convulsions; in isolated cases - confusion, asthenic syndrome;
- Cardiovascular system: feeling of pressure and pain in the chest, excessive reduction of blood pressure (including orthostatic hypotension), heart rhythm disturbance;
- Blood system: leukopenia, agranulocytosis, neutropenia, anemia, thrombocytopenia;
- Urinary system: impaired renal function, uremia, anuria, acute renal failure;
- Laboratory indicators: increased activity of liver enzymes, changes in potassium levels in the blood, reduced glucose tolerance, increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate, eosinophilia, leukocytosis, decreased levels of magnesium, sodium and chlorine in the blood, increased cholesterol, creatinine, urea, calcium, bilirubin and glycerides in blood;
- Allergic reactions: photosensitivity, rash, pruritus, urticaria, alopecia, bronchospasm, angioedema;
- Others: excessive sweating, cough, violation of respiratory rhythm, pain in muscles and joints, reduced potency; with prolonged use - gout.
Before the appointment of Liprazide, women of reproductive age are recommended to exclude pregnancy.
The action of Liprazide is enhanced by loop and thiazide diuretics; reduce - nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, estrogens, potassium-sparing diuretics, potassium preparations, sympathomimetics, cyclosporine, sodium chloride solution.
Liprasid reduces the effectiveness of hypoglycemic agents, enhances - non-depolarizing muscle relaxants, tubocurarine.
In the case of simultaneous use, Liprazide increases the sensitivity to tubocurarine.
Tetracyclines, enterosorbents, antacids, cholestipol, cholestyramine reduce the absorption of the active ingredients of the drug.
Liprasid is prohibited to use simultaneously with lithium preparations.
Possible adverse reactions with simultaneous use of Liprazide with other drugs:
- Indomethacin, cyclosporine, potassium-sparing diuretics, potassium preparations - the risk of developing hyperkalemia;
- Digoxin - increasing its toxicity;
- Amantadine and lithium - slowing their elimination from the body;
- Amiodarone - the risk of arrhythmia;
- Methyldopa - the development of intravascular hemolysis;
- Cardiac glycosides - the likelihood of hypokalemia;
- Barbiturates, narcotic drugs, ethyl alcohol - the risk of hypokalemia and orthostatic hypotension;
- Systemic glucocorticosteroids, cytostatic and immunosuppressive drugs, allopurinol, procainamide - the risk of leukopenia.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature of 15-25 ºС in a dry, protected from sunlight and out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 3 years.