Lipostabil - a drug that helps reduce blood lipids.
Release form and composition
Lipostabil is available in the following dosage forms:
- Capsules forte (50 pcs. Per package);
- Solution for intravenous administration (in 5 or 10 ml ampoules, 5 ampoules in a carton box).
The composition of 1 capsule contains the active substance: Essential phospholipids (substance EPL) - 300 mg.
The composition of 1 ampoule (10 ml) includes:
- Active substance: essential phospholipids (substance EPL) - 500 mg;
- Auxiliary components: vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride) - 4 mg; vitamin PP (nicotinic acid) - 2 mg; adenosine 5-monophosphate - 2 mg.
Indications for use
- Hyperlipoproteinemia, cholesterolemia and hypertriglaceridemia (elevated levels of lipoproteins, cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood);
- Angina pectoris;
- Cerebral (cerebral), coronary (cardiac) and peripheral circulation disorders;
- Vascular diseases, especially in patients with diabetes mellitus;
- Conditions after a stroke and myocardial infarction;
- Prevention of thromboembolism (blockage of the vessel with a blood clot) before the operation.
Lipostabil is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the drug components.
Dosing and Administration
Lipostabil in the form of capsules should be taken orally, without chewing, 3 times a day before meals with a small amount of water.
With hyperlipoproteinemia, prolonged therapy is most often indicated.
Patients with atherosclerosis Lipostabil prescribed in high doses - 1-2 ampoules of 10 ml daily (the contents of two ampoules can be administered simultaneously) for 14-28 days. The drug is administered intravenously slowly. Before eating an additional 3 times a day, take 2 capsules orally. After improving the condition, intravenous therapy is stopped and supportive treatment is prescribed - 3 times a day, 1-2 capsules per day. As a rule, the duration of the course is at least 12 weeks. The total duration of therapy is determined by the patient's condition.
In case of fat embolism, intravenous administration of Lipostabil is recommended, 80-100 ml per day (slow intravenous injections with fractional doses of 20-40 ml). Therapy is carried out to improve the patient's condition.
The use of Lipostabil does not preclude the conduct of conventional measures for the treatment of shock and fat embolism, including the replacement of blood volume, the use of sedatives (sedatives), antibiotic drugs, oxygen, artificial nutrition, etc.
The contents of the vial should be administered slowly intravenously. Lipostabil does not need additional dissolution. If additional dissolution of the drug is indicated, only solutions of sugars (levulose, glucose, invertase solution) or the patient’s own blood can be used in a 1: 1 ratio. Do not use other solvents.
Data on the development of possible side effects when using Lipostabil no. Usually the drug is well tolerated and suitable for long-term use.
For intravenous administration only transparent solutions of Lipostabil can be used.
Data on the interaction of Lipostabil with other drugs are not available.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry, out of reach of children, cool place.