Lincomycin is an antibacterial drug.
Release form and composition
Lincomycin is produced in the forms:
- Capsules (10 or 20 pieces in dark glass or plastic jars, 1 jar each in a cardboard box; 10 each in a blister, 1, 2, 150 packages in a cardboard box);
- Solution for intravenous and intramuscular administration (1 or 2 ml in ampoules complete with ampoule knife, 10 ampoules per carton pack or 5 or 10 ampoules in blister packs, 1 or 2 cartons per carton).
The composition of 1 capsule includes:
- Active ingredient: lincomycin hydrochloride monohydrate - 250 mg (in terms of lincomycin);
- Auxiliary components: potato starch, sucrose (powdered sugar).
The composition of the capsule shell: sodium lauryl sulfate, water, gelatin, propyl paraben (propyl parahydroxybenzoate), methyl paraben (methyl parahydroxybenzoate), dyes: sunset yellow sunset dye (E 110), quinoline yellow (E 104), titanium dioxide.
The composition of 1 ml solution for injection includes the active substance: lincomycin hydrochloride - 300 mg.
Indications for use
Lincomycin is prescribed for the treatment of the following infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by microorganisms sensitive to the action of the active substance (primarily streptococci and staphylococci, especially microorganisms that are resistant to penicillins, as well as in the presence of an allergy to penicillins):
- Subacute septic endocarditis;
- Postoperative purulent complications;
- Chronic pneumonia;
- Wound infections;
- Empyema; pleura;
- Lung abscess;
- Purulent arthritis;
- Osteomyelitis (chronic and acute).
Also, the drug is indicated for infections of soft tissues and skin, including furunculosis, pyoderma, erysipelas, and phlegmon.
- Hepatic renal failure;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Additionally, contraindications to the use of lincomycin in the form of capsules are:
- Lactation period;
- Age up to 3 years.
Capsules should be taken with caution to patients with fungal diseases of the mucous membranes of the mouth, skin and vagina.
Dosing and Administration
Lincomycin in the form of capsules should be taken orally, observing intervals with food intake (1-2 hours before or 2-3 hours after a meal).
The frequency of taking the drug - 2-3 times a day with equal intervals (8-12 hours).
Adults Lincomycin prescribed in a single dose of 500 mg (1000-1500 mg per day). The daily dose for children 3-14 years is 30-60 mg / kg.
The duration of therapy is determined by the form and severity of the disease. On average, it is 1-2 weeks; in the treatment of osteomyelitis, a longer treatment is possible (from 3 weeks).
When conducting repeated courses of therapy or with long-term treatment, it is necessary to control the functional state of the kidneys and liver.
An intramuscular solution of lincomycin should be administered to adults 2 times a day in 500 mg. In severe cases, it is possible to use the drug 3 times a day.
Lincomycin for children is prescribed in a daily dose of 15-30 mg / kg in 2 doses.
It is also possible intravenous drip (60-80 drops per minute) at a dose of 600 mg 3 times a day.
The course duration is 1-2 weeks, in some cases, treatment is carried out within a month.
During therapy, the following side effects may develop:
- Hematopoietic organs: thrombocytopenia, reversible leukopenia and neutropenia;
- Digestive system: epigastric pain, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, increased activity of hepatic transaminases, abdominal pain, stomatitis, glossitis, transient hyperbilirubinemia; with prolonged use - pseudomembranous enterocolitis, candidiasis of the gastrointestinal tract. Other fungal infections of the genital tract are also possible;
- Allergic reactions: exfoliative dermatitis, urticaria, anaphylactic shock, angioedema.
To achieve optimal absorption from the gastrointestinal tract, it is not recommended to eat within 1-2 hours before and after taking Lincomycin.
Patients with functional disorders of the kidneys and / or the liver need to reduce the single dose of the drug by 1 / 3-1 / 2, as well as increase the interval between doses. Patients with liver failure therapy is possible only for health reasons.
With prolonged use of Lincomycin, it is necessary to systematically monitor the function of the liver and kidneys.
Lincomycin is not recommended for the treatment of meningitis.
With the development of symptoms of pseudomembranous enterocolitis (discharge of blood and mucus from the stool, leukocytosis, diarrhea, abdominal pain, fever), in mild cases it is enough to cancel Lincomycin and administer ion-exchange resins (colestiramine). In case of severe disease, compensation for loss of fluid, protein and electrolytes, ingestion of vancomycin (in a daily dose of 500-2000 mg (in 3-4 doses) within 10 days) or bacitracin are shown.
- Antagonism: with chloramphenicol, erythromycin, ampicillin and other antibacterial antibiotic drugs;
- Synergism: with aminoglycosides.
The drug is chemically incompatible with kanamycin and novobiocin, so they should not be administered in the same syringe or drip.
There is cross-resistance between clindamycin and lincomycin.
The effect of therapy is reduced by antidiarrheal drugs (the interval between their use should be at least 4 hours).
Lincomycin enhances the action of drugs used for inhalation anesthesia, opioid analgesics and muscle relaxants, increasing the risk of respiratory failure and the development of neuromuscular blockade.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, dry, out of reach of children.
Expiration date - 3 years at a temperature:
- Capsules: up to 20 ° C;
- Injection: 5-25 ° C.