Limontar is a drug that improves metabolism and energy supply of tissues, enhances redox processes, and reduces tissue hypoxia.
Release form and composition
Limontar is produced in the form of soluble tablets: biconvex shape, white in color with marbling elements (30 pieces each in a blister pack, in a carton pack 1 packing).
Active ingredients (in 1 tablet):
- Succinic acid - 200 mg;
- Citric acid monohydrate - 50 mg.
Auxiliary component is magnesium stearate.
Indications for use
- Prevention of intoxication;
- Reduction of the toxic effects of alcohol and post-intoxication disorders in the treatment of mild and moderate acute alcohol intoxication;
- Combined therapy of asthenovegetative disorders (such as loss of appetite and performance, general weakness) during the period of alcohol withdrawal syndrome;
- Comprehensive treatment of drunken conditions in patients with chronic alcoholism.
In addition, Limontar is prescribed to pregnant women as a means of increasing the nonspecific reactivity of the organism, improving its compensatory-protective and adaptive capabilities. The goal of therapy is to prevent complications of miscarriage, hypoxia, and fetal hypotrophy.
Also, the drug is used as a "test breakfast" during the study of acid-forming and secretory function of the stomach.
- Coronary heart disease, including angina pectoris;
- Arterial hypertension;
- Peptic ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer in the acute phase;
- Severe late gestosis;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Limontar is taken orally before eating.
Immediately before taking the pill should be crushed and dissolved in water with a small amount of baking soda (at the tip of the knife). If desired, you can use mineral water.
- Prevention of intoxication - 1 tablet for 20-60 minutes before drinking alcoholic beverages;
- The state of acute alcoholic intoxication - 1 tablet 2-4 times a day at intervals of 1-2.5 hours;
- Relief of drunken conditions - 1 tablet 3-4 times a day for 4-10 days. If necessary, further prescribe traditional medicines.
When appointing Limontara as a “test breakfast”, before examining the stomach, take 1 tablet dissolved in 10–15 ml of water on an empty stomach.
Recommended doses for pregnant women:
- I trimester (12-14 weeks) - 1 tablet for 10 days;
- IItrimester (24-26 weeks) - 1 tablet for 10 days;
- IIItrimester - 1 tablet for 10-25 days before delivery.
The total dose of Limontara for the entire period of pregnancy is 5-7.5 grams.
In case of a feeling of heaviness in the epigastric region, the drug is recommended to be taken after meals.
Immediately after taking the drug may feel a pain in the epigastric region, which usually passes independently within 3-5 minutes.
In some cases, there is increased secretion of gastric juice.
After taking the pill, blood pressure may increase in patients prone to hypertension.
In pregnancy, the drug can be used if indicated.
Limontar reduces the effectiveness of tranquilizers and sleeping pills.
Terms and conditions of storage
To store in protected from light and moisture, the place, inaccessible for children, at a temperature no more than 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.