The Chinese (Far Eastern) lemongrass is a species of flowering plants of the genus Lemongrass of the Lemon family, growing on the territory of the Far East, on Sakhalin Island, on the river coasts of the Primorsky and Khabarovsk Territories, and also in the southwestern part of the Amur Region. This plant has long been used traditional medicine for the treatment of various diseases and recuperation after serious diseases. Today, the medicinal value of this flower is recognized by traditional medicine.
For medicinal purposes, the fruits of lemongrass are used mainly, more rarely - the root, branches, stalks, bark, leaves and seeds. The following biological active substances were found in them:
- Essential oil;
- Vitamins C and E;
- Organic acids;
- Mineral salts;
- Fixed oils;
From the therapeutic point of view, the following useful properties of Chinese magnolia vine are of the greatest value:
- Wound healing;
Chinese magnolia vine preparations enhance the excitation processes directly in the cerebral cortex, thus enhancing the reflex activity of the central nervous system. And this, in turn, acts stimulant to breathing, stimulates the cardiovascular system. This property of plant-based drugs helps develop memory, focus, coordinate movement.
Proven beneficial effects of lemongrass on the senses: it enhances visual acuity, accelerates acclimatization of the eye to the dark.
In addition, Chinese lemongrass is useful because:
- Strengthens the central nervous system;
- Increases resistance to oxygen starvation;
- Contributes to the accumulation of so-called biologically active energy;
- Improves appetite;
- Stimulates the function of the respiratory system;
- Increases low blood pressure;
- Reduces heart rate, increasing their amplitude;
- It activates and strengthens the immune system;
- Normalizes metabolism;
- Contributes to the adaptation of the organism to difficult climatic conditions;
- Relieves stress and increases the body's resistance to stressful situations;
- Increases mental and physical potential;
- Rejuvenates the body;
- Normalizes sleep;
- Lowers blood sugar;
- Stimulates the work of the stomach;
- Eliminates inflammatory processes;
- Normalizes carbohydrate metabolism;
- Improves sexual function;
- Stimulates generic activity.
Indications for use
According to the results of clinical studies, the plant:
- Reduces the secretion of gastric glands, which allows the use of lemongrass in gastritis and gastric ulcer;
- Improves the gastrointestinal tract, in particular secretory and motor function, which is especially important for sluggish digestion;
- Tones up smooth muscles, for which it is used to treat many gynecological diseases and female infertility;
- Tones the skeletal muscles, therefore, is used to treat diseases of the musculoskeletal system;
- Increases sexual activity and increases the potency;
- Increases the regenerative properties of the cells of the epidermis, for which it is used in the treatment of difficult healing wounds and trophic ulcers.
As a tonic and stimulant, Chinese Schizandra is used to treat depression, psychiathenia, asthenic and astheno-depressive conditions, manifested by fatigue, irritability, lethargy, drowsiness, decreased performance, apathy, hypotension.
Indications for the use of drugs Schisandra Chinese are:
- Increased drowsiness;
- General tiredness;
- Asthenic syndrome;
- Whooping cough;
- Bronchitis, bronchial asthma and other diseases of the respiratory system;
- Vegetative-vascular dystonia of hypotonic type;
- Depressive states and mental disorders;
- Fungal diseases;
- Diseases of the stomach, kidneys and liver;
- Sexual weakness due to neurasthenia;
- Urinary incontinence;
- Non-healing wounds;
- Lichen planus;
- Trophic ulcers;
It is also recommended to take Schizandra preparations with a decrease in working capacity, during the occupation of activities that are associated with large physical and neuropsychic loads, as well as during the recovery period after infectious and somatic diseases.
The use of drugs Schisandra Chinese contraindicated in the following cases:
- Arterial hypertension;
- Impaired cardiac activity;
- Increased intracranial pressure;
- Sleep disturbances;
- Increased excitability;
- Acute infectious diseases;
- Chronic liver disease;
- Children's age up to 12 years;
- Lactation period;
In order to avoid violations of falling asleep alcohol tincture based on lemongrass is not recommended to be taken in the afternoon.
It is important to remember that Chinese schizandra is the strongest stimulant, so it can be used only after consulting a doctor and strictly adhering to the dose prescribed by him. Otherwise, the possible development of such side effects as:
- High blood pressure;
- Increased gastric secretion;
- Allergic reactions.
Homemade medicines from Schisandra Chinese
- Toning, fortifying, fortified and stimulating agent: 10 g of crushed fruits of lemongrass pour 1 cup boiling water, infuse for 6 hours and strain. Take 1 dessert spoon 2 times a day - in the morning on an empty stomach and in the afternoon;
- Immune-strengthening, invigorating and cold tea warning tea: 1 tbsp. Place the fruits in an enamel bowl, pour 200 ml of water, boil for 10 minutes, then infuse for 24 hours and strain. Drink during the day (if necessary, you can add sugar to taste);
- The broth used in violation of the central nervous system, with gastric diseases, as well as a stimulant of cardiac activity: 10 g of crushed dry berries pour 1 cup boiling water, boil for 15 minutes in a water bath, cool and strain. Take 25-35 drops 2 times a day on an empty stomach;
- Tincture with a tonic, tonic, adaptogenic and choleretic action: chopped fruits of Chinese schisandra should be poured with 95% alcohol in a ratio of 1: 5, close the container and insist for 7-10 days in a dark place at room temperature, shaking occasionally. Then strain, squeeze the raw material, insist another 4-5 days and strain again. Take 30-40 drops up to 3 times per day for 25 days;
- Tincture for relieving fatigue, improving immunity and efficiency: pour 70% alcohol in a 1: 3 ratio of fruits, insist for 3 days. Take 25-30 drops;
- Medication for hyperopia: 5 tbsp. chop the fruits and pour pure alcohol, for 12 days, insist in a dark place at room temperature, periodically (at least 1 time per day) shaking capacity. Then strain, squeeze the raw material. Take 20 drops, diluted with water, 2 times a day.