Licopid - an immunostimulating agent.
Release form and composition
Licopid is available in the form of tablets: round, flat-cylindrical, white in color, with a bevel, on tablets of 10 mg there is also a risk (10 pieces in blisters, in a carton pack of 1 or 2 packs).
The active ingredient of the drug: glucosaminylmuramyl dipeptide (GMDP) - 1 or 10 mg in 1 tablet.
Auxiliary components: potato starch, sucrose, methylcellulose, lactose, calcium stearate.
Indications for use
Licopid is used as part of the complex therapy of diseases that are accompanied by secondary immunodeficiencies.
In particular, adults are prescribed the drug for the following diseases:
- Chronic lung infection;
- Pulmonary tuberculosis;
- Chronic viral hepatitis B and C;
- Human papillomavirus infection;
- Herpes infections (including ophthalmic herpes);
- Psoriasis (including arthropathic form);
- Chronic and acute purulent-inflammatory diseases of soft tissues and skin (including purulent-septic postoperative complications).
For children under 16 years old, the drug (only 1 mg tablets) is prescribed for such diseases:
- Chronic viral hepatitis B and C;
- Herpetic infection of any localization;
- Chronic infectious diseases of the upper and lower respiratory tract (in the stage of exacerbation and remission);
- Purulent-inflammatory processes of the skin and soft tissues (both acute and chronic).
Strict contraindications to the use of Licopid are:
- Children's age up to 16 years - for tablets of 10 mg;
- Diseases accompanied by fever or high body temperature (more than 38 °);
- Autoimmune thyroiditis in the period of exacerbation;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Likopid should be taken on an empty stomach, half an hour before meals, inside or sublingually.
Adults are prescribed sublingually:
- Prevention of postoperative complications - 1 mg 1 time / day. Reception duration - 10 days;
- Treatment of purulent-septic diseases of the skin and soft tissues of moderate severity (including postoperative) - 2 mg 2-3 times / day, the course of treatment is 10 days;
- Chronic respiratory tract infections - 1-2 mg 1 time / day for 10 days;
- Herpes infection: the mild form - 2 mg 1-2 times / day, the severe form - 10 mg 1-2 times / day. The course of treatment is 6 days.
Adults inside appoint:
- Tuberculosis of the lungs, severe forms of purulent-septic processes of the skin and soft tissues, cervical lesions with papillomavirus - 10 mg 1 time / day. Reception duration - 10 days;
- Ophthalmic herpes - 10 mg 2 times / day for 3 days, then 3 days off and another course;
- Psoriasis - 10-20 mg 1-2 times / day for 10 days, then during the following days - 10-20 mg every other day; in severe forms of the disease or with a large lesion (including arthropathic form) - 10 mg 2 times a day for 20 days.
Recommended doses for children, depending on the indication:
- Purulent-inflammatory skin diseases, chronic infections of the respiratory tract - 1 mg 1 time / day for 10 days;
- Herpes infection - 1 mg 3 times / day for 10 days;
- Chronic viral hepatitis B and C - 1 mg 3 times / day for 20 days.
With a long course of infection (including bronchitis, pneumonia, sepsis, enterocolitis and postoperative complications) Licopid can be administered to newborns: 0.5 mg 2 times / day. The duration of therapy is from 7 to 10 days.
Basically, the drug is well tolerated. At the beginning of treatment, a short-term increase in body temperature up to 37.9 ° is possible (passes on its own, therefore, it does not require cancellation of Licopid)
Negative impact on the reaction rate and ability to concentrate the attention of the drug does not have.
It is impractical to simultaneously use Licopid with tetracyclines and sulfanilamide agents.
Adsorbents and antacids significantly reduce the bioavailability of GMDP, glucocorticosteroids - effectiveness.
Licopid enhances the action of antibiotics from the group of cephalosporins, fluoroquinolones, polyene derivatives, semisynthetic penicillins.
With simultaneous use marked synergism against antifungal and antiviral drugs.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C out of the reach of children, protected from light and moisture.
Shelf life - 5 years.