Lidevin is a combination drug for the treatment of alcohol dependence, which is a combination of disulfiram and B vitamins.
Release form and composition
Lidevina dosage form - tablets: round, flat-cylindrical form, with a facet, white with a cream shade (blotches are possible), with a cross-shaped riser on one side (10 pieces in a blister, 2 blisters in a cardboard bundle).
Active ingredients in 1 tablet:
- Disulfiram - 500 mg;
- Adenine (vitamin B4) - 0.5 mg;
- Nictorinamide (vitamin B3) - 0.3 mg.
Auxiliary components: microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, povidone and sodium carboxymethylcellulose.
Indications for use
Lidevin is intended for the treatment of chronic alcoholism and relapse prevention.
- Optic neuritis;
- Neuritis of the auditory nerve;
- Decompensated diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Pulmonary tuberculosis;
- Hematopoiesis disorders;
- Mental illness;
- Polyneuritis of various etiology;
- Kidney disease;
- Severe liver failure;
- Aggravation of gastric ulcer;
- Epilepsy and convulsive syndrome of any genesis;
- Malignant neoplasms;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Relative (the drug is prescribed after assessing the ratio of benefits and risks, the treatment is carried out under close supervision):
- Peptic ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer in remission;
- Disulfiram (antabuse) psychosis in history;
- Cardiovascular diseases in the stage of compensation;
- Residual effects after cerebrovascular accident;
- Hypothyroidism, especially if there is a risk of possible alcohol intake;
- Age over 60 years.
Dosing and Administration
Lidevin is prescribed after a thorough examination of the patient and a warning about possible complications and consequences of therapy.
The drug is taken orally on 125-500 mg (for disulfiram), the doctor determines the treatment regimen individually for each patient.
After 7-10 days of treatment, a disulfiramal alcohol test is performed. To do this, after taking Lidevin in a dose of 500 mg, the patient is allowed to drink 20-30 ml of 40% vodka. In case of a weak reaction, another 10–20 ml of alcohol is given (maximum 100–120 ml). Repeated testing is carried out in 1-2 days in the hospital or after 3-5 days on an outpatient basis, if necessary, adjust the dose of alcohol and / or disulfiram.
For the prevention of relapse Lidevin prescribed in a daily dose of 125-200 mg for 1-3 years.
Possible side effects caused by the action of disulfiram: allergic skin reactions, metallic taste in the mouth, optic neuritis, headaches, confusion, memory impairment, asthenia, lower extremity polyneuropathy, in patients with colostomy - unpleasant smell from the mouth; in individual cases in patients with nickel eczema who are not suffering from chronic alcoholism - hepatitis.
In the case of long-term use of Lidevin, psychosis resembling alcohol, gastritis, hepatitis rarely occurs; in patients with diseases of the cardiovascular system - exacerbation of polyneuritis, thrombosis of cerebral vessels.
When disulfiram interacts with ethyl alcohol, angina pectoris and arrhythmia may occur; sometimes - neurological disorders, myocardial infarction; in some cases - cerebral edema, cardiovascular collapse, respiratory failure.
When used during the treatment of alcohol in an amount in excess of 50-80 ml of 40% vodka, severe dysfunctions of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems, edema, convulsions can develop. In this case, an urgent introduction of analeptics is indicated, as well as detoxification therapy, if necessary, additional symptomatic therapy.
Before starting treatment, patients should be warned about the possible consequences of the simultaneous use of alcoholic beverages or taking drugs containing ethanol.
Lidevin is incompatible with ethanol.
Simultaneously with this drug is not desirable to prescribe:
- Isoniazid - possibly a violation of coordination and behavior;
- Nitro-5-imidazole derivatives (secnidazole, ornidazole, tinidazole, metronidazole) - there is a possibility of confusion, the development of delirious disorders;
- Phenytoin - may develop its toxic effects.
When prescribing the following drugs in combination with Lidevin, special care must be taken because there is a risk of adverse reactions:
- Warfarin and other oral anticoagulants - development of bleeding due to an increase in the effect;
- Benzodiazepines - potentiation of their sedative effect (dose adjustment is necessary);
- Theophylline - slowing down its biotransformation (a dose reduction is required depending on the clinical symptoms and the concentration of the substance in the blood plasma);
- Tricyclic antidepressants - increased intolerance to alcohol, especially in patients who drink alcohol during Lidevin treatment.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C in a place with limited access to children.
Shelf life - 3 years.