Levorin is an antifungal antibiotic drug.
Release form and composition
Levorin is available in the following dosage forms:
- Tablets (25 each in plastic jars (jars), 1 jar each in a carton box; 10 pcs. Of blisters, 2 packets each in a carton box);
- Ointment for external use (30 g in aluminum tubes, 1 tube in a carton box).
The composition of 1 tablet and 1 g of ointment for external use includes the active substance: Levorin - 500 thousand.
Indications for use
Levorin is prescribed for the treatment of the following diseases:
- Candidate, candidiasis of the gastrointestinal tract (inside);
- Candidiasis of the genital organs in women (urethritis, vulvovaginitis, cystitis), candidiasis of the oral mucosa (local);
- Interdigital erosion, paronychia, lesions of skin folds (externally).
Levorin is contraindicated in the presence of hypersensitivity to the drug components.
Additional contraindications to the use of the drug inside are:
- Acute non-fungal intestinal diseases;
- Renal and / or liver failure;
- Peptic ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
Levorin should be taken with care by lactating women and children under 2 years of age.
Additional contraindications for intravaginal use are metrorrhagia, menstrual period, and pregnancy.
Dosing and Administration
Levorin in the form of tablets taken orally.
Adults with intestinal candidiasis and candidiasis of the gastrointestinal tract are prescribed 2-4 times a day, 500 thousand units each. Course duration - 10-12 days.
Children drug prescribed based on age:
- Up to 2 years - 25-30 thousand. Units / kg per day;
- 2-6 years - 20-25 thousand. Units / kg per day;
- From 6 years old - 2-4 times a day for 200-250 thousand units.
The course duration is 1-2 weeks, if necessary, a repeated course is possible after 5-7 days (under the control of a blood test). With the development of vomiting or nausea, Levorin should be taken after a meal.
Locally for rinsing the mouth, the drug is used at a dilution of 1: 500 in the form of an aqueous suspension. Frequency of use - 2-3 times a day. Course duration - 15-20 days. Suspension should not fall into the respiratory system. In the treatment of diseases of the mucous membranes of the genital organs in women, the drug in the form of the same suspension is used for wetting tampons. The duration of the therapeutic course is 15-20 days.
Levorin in the form of ointment 1-2 times a day should be applied to the affected areas. Course duration - 10-15 days.
When applying Levorin may develop the following side effects:
- Digestive system: ingestion - nausea, loss of appetite, diarrhea, vomiting;
- Other: allergic reactions, irritant effects, headache.
With the development of severe side effects, therapy should be canceled. If vomiting or nausea occurs, Levorin should be taken after meals.
During therapy, it is necessary to monitor the functional state of the liver.
When hypertrophy of the prostate gland levorin reduces dysuric phenomena, and sometimes the size of the adenoma. Perhaps the use of the drug in the complex treatment of prostatic hypertrophy.
Data on the interaction with other drugs are not available.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, dry, out of reach of children at a temperature of 5 ° C.
Shelf life - 2 years.