Legalon 140 is a hepatoprotective agent of plant origin.
Release form and composition
Dosage forms of the drug:
- Capsules, 10 pcs. in blisters, in a carton pack of 2, 3 or 6 blisters;
- Dragee, 20 pcs. packaged.
As an active ingredient, 1 capsule and 1 dragee contain dry extract of milk thistle - from 173 to 186.7 mg, which corresponds to the content of silymarin - 140 mg, in terms of silibinin - 108.2 mg.
Additional components of the capsules:
- Excipients: sodium carboxymethyl starch (type A), mannitol, magnesium stearate, povidone, polysorbate 80;
- Shell composition: gelatin, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide (E171), iron dyes red oxide (E172) and iron black oxide (E172).
Indications for use
Legalon 140 is used for the prevention and treatment of toxic liver damage caused by alcoholism, intoxication with heavy metal compounds, halogenated hydrocarbons, and medication.
- Lactation period;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Capsules and pills should be taken orally after a meal, drinking plenty of drinking water.
As a rule, 1 capsule or dragee is prescribed 3 times a day. When conducting maintenance therapy, take 1 capsule or pills 2 times a day.
Basically Legalon 140 is well tolerated. In rare cases, there is a laxative effect of the drug. Allergic reactions are possible.
As an inhibitor of the cytochrome P450 system, the extract of the milk thistle fruit can enhance the effect of diazepam, vinblastine, ketoconazole, alprazolam and lovastatin
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature up to 30 ºС in a dark place and out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 5 years.