Lasolvan is a mucolytic and expectorant drug.
Release form and composition
- Solution for ingestion and inhalation: clear, colorless or with a slight brownish tinge (100 ml each in dark glass bottles equipped with a dropper, in a cardboard bundle 1 bottle complete with a measuring cup);
- Syrup: slightly viscous, colorless or almost colorless, transparent or almost transparent, with the smell of wild berries or strawberries (100 or 200 ml each in dark glass bottles, in a cardboard bundle one bottle complete with a measuring cap);
- Tablets: flat on both sides, round, with beveled edges, white or with a yellowish tint, on one side - the symbol of the company, on the other - separation of risk and engraving "67C" on both sides of it (10 pieces in blisters, in a cardboard bundle 2 or 5 blisters);
- Lozenges: round, light brown in color, with the smell of peppermint (10 each in blisters, in a cardboard box of 1, 2 or 4 blisters).
The active ingredient of the drug is ambroxol hydrochloride:
- 1 ml of solution - 7.5 mg;
- 5 ml of syrup - 15 or 30 mg;
- 1 tablet - 30 mg;
- 1 troche - 15 mg.
- Solution: sodium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate, benzalkonium chloride, citric acid monohydrate, sodium chloride, purified water;
- Syrup: purified water, gietelloza (hydroxyethyl cellulose), benzoic acid, sorbitol liquid (non-crystallizable), potassium acesulfame, glycerol 85%, vanilla flavoring 201629, forest berry flavoring PHL-132195 (in syrup 15 mg / 5 ml) or strawberry flavour-loot PHL-132200 (in a syrup of 30 mg / 5 ml);
- Tablets: dried corn starch, lactose monohydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate;
- Lozenges: acacia gum, sorbitol, liquid paraffin (purified mixture of liquid saturated hydrocarbons), karyon 83 (mannitol, sorbitol, hydrogenated hydrolyzed starch), sodium saccharinate, purified water, peppermint leaf oil and eucalyptus leaves.
Indications for use
Lasolvan is used to treat the following acute and chronic diseases of the respiratory tract, which are accompanied by a violation of mucociliary clearance and the release of viscous sputum:
- Acute and chronic bronchitis;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- Bronchial asthma with the difficulty of sputum discharge.
For all dosage forms:
- First trimester of pregnancy;
- Breastfeeding period;
- Hypersensitivity to ambroxol or auxiliary components.
Additional contraindications depending on the dosage form:
- Syrup: children's age up to 6 years (for a syrup in a dose of 30 mg / 5 ml), hereditary intolerance to fructose;
- Tablets: age up to 18 years, lactose intolerance, lactase deficiency, glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- Lozenges: children up to 6 years old, hereditary intolerance to fructose.
With caution Lasolvan is used in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy, as well as in renal and / or liver failure.
Dosing and Administration
Solution Lasolvan is intended for ingestion and inhalation.
Inside you can take, regardless of the meal, if necessary - diluted in water, juice, tea or milk.
- Children under 2 years old - 1 ml 2 times a day;
- Children 2-6 years old - 1 ml 3 times a day;
- Children 6-12 years old - 2 ml 2-3 times a day;
- Children over 12 years old and adults - 4 ml 3 times a day.
1 ml of solution = 25 drops.
For inhalation, Lasolvan can be used with any modern inhalation equipment, with the exception of steam inhalers. To achieve optimum moisture, the solution is mixed with 0.9% sodium chloride solution in a 1: 1 ratio. Inhalation should be carried out in the mode of normal breathing, as a deep breath can cause coughing. Before the procedure, the drug is recommended to be heated to body temperature.
Patients with bronchial asthma should be injected with Lasolvan after taking a bronchodilator drug, otherwise nonspecific irritation of the respiratory tract and their spasms are possible.
- Children under 6 years old - 2 ml of solution for inhalation, 1-2 inhalations per day;
- Children over 6 years old and adults - 2-3 ml of solution for inhalation, 1-2 inhalations per day.
In the form of syrup Lasolvan is taken orally, regardless of the meal.
Recommended doses for syrup 15 mg / 5 ml:
- Children under 2 years old - 2.5 ml, 2 times a day;
- Children 2-6 years old - 2.5 ml 3 times a day;
- Children 6-12 years old - 5 ml 2-3 times a day;
- Children over 12 years old and adults - 10 ml 3 times a day.
Recommended doses for syrup 30 mg / 5 ml:
- Children 6-12 years old - 2.5 ml 2-3 times a day;
- Children over 12 years old and adults - 5 ml 3 times a day.
Tablets Lasolvan should be taken orally with a liquid, regardless of the meal. The drug is prescribed 1 tablet 3 times a day. To enhance the therapeutic effect, you can take 2 tablets 2 times a day.
Pastilles Lasolvan should be slowly absorbed in the mouth, regardless of the meal, for children aged 6-12 years - 1 pc. 2-3 times a day, children over 12 years old and adults - 2 pcs. 3 times a day.
If within 4-5 days of treatment the symptoms of the disease persist, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
- The digestive system: often (1-10%) - decreased sensitivity in the mouth or throat, nausea; infrequently (0.1-1%) - dry mouth, abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, dyspepsia; rarely (0.01-0.1%) - dry throat;
- Nervous system: often - a violation of taste;
- Immune system, skin and subcutaneous tissue: rarely - rash, urticaria, pruritus, angioedema, hypersensitivity, anaphylactic reactions (including anaphylactic shock).
The solution contains benzalkonium chloride as a preservative - when inhaled it can cause bronchospasm in sensitive patients with increased airway reactivity.
Do not mix Lasolvan with alkaline solutions and cromoglicic acid, since an increase in the pH of the solution above 6.3 may result in the precipitation of ambroxol or the appearance of opalescence.
Patients who follow a low-sodium diet should consider that the oral and inhalation solution at the recommended daily intake for children over 12 years old and adults (12 ml) contains 42.8 mg of sodium.
One tablet of Lasolvan contains 162.5 mg of lactose, the maximum daily dose (4 tablets) is 650 mg.
Syasol Lasolvan 30 mg / 5 ml in terms of the maximum daily dose (20 ml) contains 5 g of sorbitol, Lasolvan 15 mg / 5 ml at the maximum daily dose (30 ml) - 10.5 g. Due to the content of sorbitol, the syrup can have mild laxative effect.
As with any expectorant, Lasolvan should not be used concomitantly with antitussives, which make it difficult to excrete sputum.
In patients with severe skin lesions (such as toxic epidermal necrolysis and Stevens-Johnson syndrome), fever, rhinitis, body pain, inflammation in the throat, and cough may appear at the initial stage. With symptomatic therapy, ambroxol hydrochloride may be erroneously administered. There are isolated reports on the identification of such severe lesions that coincided with the use of Lasolvan, but there is no causal relationship with the drug. Therefore, in the event of the development of the symptoms described, treatment with Ambroxol should be discontinued and promptly seek medical attention.
Studies on the effect of Lasolvan on a person’s ability to perform activities related to reaction speed and increased concentration of attention have not been conducted. However, no negative effects have been identified.
Reports of clinically significant, undesirable interaction of ambroxol hydrochloride with other drugs have not been reported.
Ambroxol enhances penetration into the bronchial secretion of erythromycin, amoxicillin and cefuroxime.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark place, out of the reach of children, at a temperature: solution and syrup - up to 25 ºС, tablets and lozenges - up to 30 ºС.
The shelf life of the solution and tablets - 5 years, syrup and lozenges - 3 years.