Lantsid - specific inhibitor of the proton pump (H + -K + -ATP-ase); anti-ulcer drug.
Release form and composition
Lancid dosage form - MICRO / MICRO hard gelatin capsules with a print: size 3 is turquoise (bluish-green), size 1 is pink. The contents of the capsules are white or almost white granules. Available in 10 pieces. in blisters, 3 blisters in carton packs.
1 capsule contains:
- Active ingredient: lansoprazole - 15 mg (capsules No. 3) or 30 mg (capsules No. 1);
- Auxiliary components: lactose monohydrate, hypromellose phthalate, povidone, sucrose, mannitol, cetyl alcohol;
- The composition of the capsule body: sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, gelatin, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, water, quinoline yellow dye (capsules No. 3) or crimson Ponso 4R (capsules No. 1);
- The composition of the capsule cap: sodium lauryl sulfate, gelatin, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, titanium dioxide, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, water, brilliant blue and quinoline yellow dyes (capsules No. 3) or crimson Ponzo 4R (capsules No. 1).
Indications for use
Lantsid is used to treat the following diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT):
- Reflux esophagitis;
- Non-ulcer dyspepsia;
- Erosive and ulcerative esophagitis;
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome;
- Exacerbation of gastric ulcer or duodenal ulcer;
- Stressful ulcers.
- I trimester of pregnancy;
- Malignant neoplasm of the digestive tract;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Relative (special caution required):
- Age up to 18 years;
- Elderly age;
- II and III trimesters of pregnancy;
- Liver failure.
Dosing and Administration
Lantsid should be taken orally, swallowing capsules whole, without chewing.
Recommended doses and duration of treatment depending on the indications:
- Peptic ulcer and erosive-ulcerative esophagitis: 30 mg per day, if necessary, increase the daily dose to 60 mg, the course of treatment is 4-8 weeks;
- Duodenal ulcer and stress ulcers: 30 mg 1 time per day before meals, preferably in the morning, for 2-4 weeks;
- Reflux esophagitis: 30 mg per day for 4 weeks;
- Zollinger-Alison syndrome: the dose is adjusted individually until the basal acid production reaches less than 10 mmol / h;
- Non-ulcer dyspepsia: 15-30 mg per day for 2-4 weeks;
- Eradication of Helicobacter pylori (in combination with amoxicillin, clarithromycin): 30 mg 2 times a day, the course of treatment is at least 7 days.
Initial doses for elderly people and patients with hepatic insufficiency are halved, then gradually increased to the recommended, but not more than 30 mg per day.
- The digestive system: less often - abdominal pain, nausea, decrease or increase in appetite; rarely, constipation or diarrhea; in some cases, gastrointestinal candidiasis, hyperbilirubinemia, ulcerative colitis, increased liver transaminases (alanine aminotransferase and aspartate aminotransferase), alkaline phosphatase, gamma-glutamyl transferase and lactate dehydrogenase;
- Nervous system: headache; rarely - drowsiness, dizziness, anxiety, malaise, depression; pharyngitis;
- Respiratory system: rarely - rhinitis, cough, flu-like syndrome, upper respiratory tract infection;
- Hematopoietic organs: rarely - thrombocytopenia (with hemorrhagic manifestations); in individual cases - anemia;
- Allergic reactions: skin rash; very rarely - erythema multiforme exudative, photosensitization;
- Other: rarely - alopecia, myalgia.
Lantsid can mask the symptoms of malignant tumors and thereby delay the timely diagnosis, therefore, before the use of the drug and after the end of the course of treatment, endoscopic control is required.
With the simultaneous use of lansoprazole:
- Reduces theophylline clearance by 10%;
- Slows down the elimination of drugs that are metabolized in the liver by microsomal oxidation, including indirect anticoagulants, phenytoin and diazepam;
- Interferes with absorption of ampicillin, ketoconazole, digoxin, iron salts;
- Slows down the pH-dependent absorption of products belonging to the groups of weak acids;
- Accelerates the absorption of drugs belonging to the base groups.
Sucralfate reduces the bioavailability of lansoprazole by 30%. If necessary, the use of such a combination between their reception should be observed 30-40-minute intervals.
Antacids slow down and reduce the absorption of lansoprazole, so they should be taken 1 hour before or 1-2 hours after taking Lancid.
Lansoprazol is compatible with oral contraceptives, warfarin, phenytoin, propranolol, prednisolone, indomethacin, ibuprofen, diazepam.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C in a place protected from moisture and light, inaccessible to children.
Shelf life - 3 years.