Laktogin - a drug that is a source of probiotic strains of lactobacilli, intended for women over 18 years of age.
Release form and composition
Dosage form Laktogin - capsules for oral administration (15 pieces per pack).
The active ingredient of the drug is the probiotic strains of lactobacilli Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1 and Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14. Their total amount in 1 capsule is 10 * 9 live bacteria.
Indications for use
- Subacute and chronic inflammatory diseases of the female genital tract;
- Dysbacterioses (dysbioses) of the vagina, including bacterial vaginosis (including as part of complex treatment);
- Senile and hormone-dependent colpitis (including as part of hormonal therapy);
- Prenatal preparation for pregnant women;
- Preparation for planned diagnostic and therapeutic gynecological procedures;
- The simultaneous use of antibiotics, antifungal drugs, corticosteroids, cytotoxic drugs and antiviral agents, including for the treatment of urogenital infections and sexually transmitted diseases, such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, human papillomavirus infection, urogenital herpes, etc. (during and after treatment);
- Use of intrauterine devices and spermicidal contraceptives.
The only contraindication to the use of Laktogin is individual hypersensitivity to its components.
The drug is not intended for women under 18 years of age.
Dosing and Administration
Laktogin should be taken orally, drinking water, during a meal.
To normalize the microflora is prescribed 1 capsule per day. Improving the quality of the vaginal flora is usually noted after 2 weeks of taking the drug, but no later than 4-6 weeks.
As part of the complex therapy of chronic inflammatory diseases of the genital organs, during the period of treatment with antibiotics and after their cancellation, it is recommended to take 2 capsules per day.
Basically, Laktogin is well tolerated. In rare cases, local allergic reactions occur.
When treating with antibiotics in oral dosage forms, Lactogine should be taken 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking them.
Information about the pharmaceutical and pharmacological interaction of Lactogin with other drugs is missing.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ºС in a place protected from moisture.
Shelf life - 1.5 years.