Lactobacterin is a broad-spectrum antibacterial agent that has antagonistic activity against a large number of pathogenic and conditionally pathogenic bacteria (including enteropathogenic E. coli, staphylococcus and protei), normalizing the digestive activity of the gastrointestinal tract, improving metabolic processes, promoting the restoration of natural immunity.
Release form and composition
- Tablets for ingestion - 20 pcs. in vials, in a cardboard bundle of 5 or 10 bottles;
- Vaginal suppositories - 5 pcs. in blisters, in a carton box, 2 packs; 5 pcs. in blister-free contour packs, in a carton box 2 packs; on 10 pieces in blister packs, in a carton pack 1 pack.
The active ingredient of the drug is lactobacillus acidophilic:
- In 1 tablet - at least 2 billion CFU;
- In 1 suppositories - at least 10 million CFU.
Indications for use
- Oral diseases;
- Dysbacteriosis of the gastrointestinal tract of various etiologies, incl. in newborns.
For vaginal suppositories:
- Dysbacteriosis of the urogenital tract, incl. due to inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract of infectious and non-infectious nature, such as gonorrhea, gardnerellosis (bacterial vaginosis), urogenital herpes, urogenital chlamydiosis, hormone-dependent colpitis (senile, etc.);
- Prenatal training for pregnant women at risk for inflammatory diseases (for the treatment and prevention of vaginal dysbiosis);
- Preparation for planned gynecological operations (for the prevention of postoperative infectious complications).
Both dosage forms of Lactobacterin are contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Suppositories, in addition, are not intended for use in pediatrics.
Dosing and Administration
Lactobacterin tablets should be taken orally 2-3 times a day 30-40 minutes before meals.
Recommended single doses:
- Infants - 2-3 tablets;
- Older children and adults - 5 tablets.
The course of treatment of acute inflammatory processes - 7-8 days, prolonged and recurrent forms of diseases - 14-25 days.
With pathologies of the oral mucosa, tablets should be absorbed. Usually prescribed 4-6 tablets 2-3 times a day. The duration of therapy is 14-15 days.
Laktobakterin suppositories are intended for intravaginal use.
In inflammatory processes of the urogenital tract, 1 suppository is prescribed 2 times a day for 5-10 days.
For the prevention of purulent-septic complications, it is recommended to administer 1 suppository 1-2 times a day for 5-10 days before the expected date of delivery or elective surgery.
In case of violation of the purity of the vaginal secretion in pregnant women up to the III – IV degree, 1 suppository is prescribed 1-2 times a day for 5-10 days. Sometimes, a longer course of treatment may be required to restore the purity of the vaginal secretions to grade I – II and the disappearance of clinical symptoms.
For rehabilitation therapy after the use of antibiotics, 1 suppository is prescribed 1-2 times a day for 10 days. At intervals of 10-20 days repeat courses are held. The total duration of treatment is 3-4 months.
Lactobacterin is generally well tolerated, in some cases allergic reactions occur.
If necessary, vaginal suppositories can be used simultaneously with immunomodulatory, antibacterial and antiviral drugs.
Suppositories with broken packaging and having the smell of rancid oil are not suitable for use.
Lactobacterin can be used during chemotherapy, including simultaneously with antibiotics.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not exceeding 10 ºС in a place inaccessible to children.
Shelf life - 1 year.