Laktinet - gestagen used for oral contraception.
Release form and composition
Lakinteta dosage form - tablets: round, biconvex, coated in white or almost white, labeled “D” on one side, “75” on the other (28 pieces in blisters, 1 or 3 blisters in a cardboard box).
Ingredients 1 tablet:
- Active ingredient: desogestrel - 75 μg;
- Auxiliary components: D, L-α-tocopherol, stearic acid, povidone K30, magnesium stearate, lactose monohydrate, colloidal silicon dioxide, potato starch;
- The composition of the shell: opadry II white, consisting of titanium dioxide (E171) CI 77891, polyvinyl alcohol, macrogol 3000 and talc.
Indications for use
Lactinet is used for contraception.
- Severe liver disease, including a history (up to normalization of liver function indicators);
- Hepatic failure, in history including;
- Liver cancer;
- Malignant hormone-dependent tumors or suspicion of their presence (including breast cancer);
- Bleeding from the vagina of unknown etiology;
- Lactose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption, lactase deficiency;
- Venous thromboembolism at present or in history (including pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis of the lower extremities);
- Prolonged immobilization, incl. associated with the disease or surgery;
- Established or suspected pregnancy;
- Hypersensitivity to desogestrel or auxiliary components of the drug
Relative (special caution required):
- Herpes of pregnant women in the anamnesis;
- Chloasma, especially during pregnancy in history;
- Systemic lupus erythematosus;
- Diabetes mellitus (because progestogens can affect glucose tolerance and the sensitivity of peripheral insulin receptors);
- Resistant arterial hypertension that develops when taking Lactinet, including with the ineffectiveness of antihypertensive therapy.
Dosing and Administration
Laktinet should be taken 1 tablet 1 time per day, preferably at the same time of day (so that the interval between doses was 24 hours), in the order indicated on the package. If necessary, the drug can be taken with a small amount of liquid.
Lakinet is designed for continuous reception, so after the end of the current packaging should immediately begin a new one.
If during the previous month the woman did not take hormonal contraceptives, it is necessary to start taking Laktineta on the 1st day of the menstrual cycle. Reception can be started on the 2-5 day of menstruation, but in this case, additional contraceptive methods should be used within 7 days.
When switching to Lactinet from another combined oral contraceptive (CCP), it is recommended to begin its reception on the very next day after the last CCP tablet, then additional contraceptive methods are not required.
Switching to Lactinet from a monocomponent preparation containing only progestogen: if it is a mini-drink, you can start taking the drug on any given day; injections - on the day when it is necessary to do the next injection; an implant or intrauterine contraceptive that releases progestogen - the day after it is removed. In all these cases, in the first 7 days it is recommended to additionally use barrier methods of contraception.
After an abortion in the first trimester, Lactinet should be started immediately after the termination of pregnancy, then additional contraceptive methods are not needed.
After termination of pregnancy in the II trimester or after childbirth, you can start taking the drug no earlier than after 21-28 days. If later, within 7 days it is necessary to apply a barrier method of contraception. If the woman had unprotected sex before initiating desogestrel, you should exclude pregnancy or postpone the start of the drug on the 1st day of menstruation (if the menstrual cycle is restored).
In case of skipping the next admission:
- If less than 12 hours have passed, the contraceptive effect of Lactinet is not reduced, therefore additional methods of contraception are not needed. The remaining tablets are taken on a regular schedule;
- If more than 12 hours have passed, the contraceptive effect of the drug may decrease, so taking the pills should be continued as usual, but barrier barrier methods of contraception should be used additionally for 7 days. If the next admission was missed in the first week of Lactinet use and unprotected sexual intercourse took place in the previous 7 days, there is a possibility of pregnancy.
If vomiting develops for 3-4 hours after taking the pill for any reason, then desogestrel is not completely absorbed, so you should do the same as in the case of the missed pill.
- Often: nausea, acne, decreased libido, mood changes, headache, breast tenderness, weight gain, menstrual disorders (in 20-30% of women, menstruation becomes more frequent, in 20% - more rare or completely stop, also menstruation may be longer);
- Infrequently: discomfort when wearing contact lenses, fatigue, vomiting, alopecia, dysmenorrhea, vaginitis, ovarian cysts;
- Seldom: rash, urticaria, reddening of the skin, erythema nodosum.
There are isolated cases of development of pruritus, cholestatic jaundice, cholelithiasis, herpes of pregnant women, chorea, hemolytic uremic syndrome, otosclerosis and deafness. However, the causal relationship of these phenomena with the reception Laktineta not reliably established.
Overdose symptoms: bloody discharge or vaginal bleeding, nausea and vomiting. Specific antidote desogestrel does not exist, symptomatic treatment.
Despite the regular intake of the drug, there may be irregular menstruation. If menstruation occurs too often and irregularly, it is necessary to consider the possibility of switching to another method of contraception. If, in this case, the disorder persists, the organic cause should be excluded.
Each patient should be warned that Lactinet does not protect against HIV infections and other sexually transmitted diseases.
Patients with diabetes in the first months of the drug should be under the close supervision of a doctor.
Lactinet reduces the blood levels of estradiol to a value that corresponds to the early follicular phase.
If a woman develops amenorrhea or the appearance of abdominal pain during differential diagnosis, one should bear in mind the possibility of ectopic pregnancy.
Women who are prone to developing chloasma, while taking Lactinet should avoid solar and ultraviolet radiation.
1 tablet contains 67.445 mg of lactose monohydrate.
Negative impact on concentration and reaction rate of the drug does not.
Desogestrel does not affect the quality and quantity of breast milk, however, a small amount of its metabolite (etonogestrel) is excreted and is approximately 0.01-0.05 μg / kg / day, with the amount of mother's milk consumed 150 ml / kg per day. During the 7-month follow-up, when assessing the growth, physical and psychomotor development of breastfed children, no increased risks were detected. However, careful dynamic monitoring of the growth and development of babies who receive breast milk from mothers who take Lactinet for contraception is recommended.
Inductors of liver microsomal enzymes (derivatives of hydantoin, including phenytoin, barbiturates, carbamazepine, primidone, felbamate, oxcarbazepine, rifabutin, topiramate, rifampicin, and rifampicin, griseofulvin) can reduce the contraceptive effect of topogramat, rifampicin, and decongestant, dehydrating, dehydrate, disfestin, rifampicin, griseofulvin, and
The effectiveness of oral contraceptive drugs is also reduced by antibiotics (for example, tetracycline and ampicillin).
For this reason, during the period of use of any of the listed funds and within 7 days after their cancellation (28 days for rifampicin), it is necessary to additionally use barrier or other non-hormonal methods of contraception.
Activated carbon reduces the absorption of steroids and, consequently, reduces the contraceptive efficacy of Lactinet. When treating with this drug, you should follow the recommendations related to taking the missed pill.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in original packaging at temperatures up to 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children.
Shelf life - 3 years.