Laksigal - a laxative drug that stimulates intestinal peristalsis.
Release form and composition
Laksigal released in the form of drops for oral administration: a clear liquid with a weak brownish-yellow tint or colorless (10 or 25 ml in brown glass dropper bottles, 1 bottle in a cardboard box).
The composition of 1 ml drops includes:
- Active ingredient: Sodium picosulfate - 7.5 mg;
- Auxiliary components: non-crystalline liquid sorbitol 70% - 680 mg; Sodium ethyl parahydroxybenzoate - 0.66 mg; purified water - up to 1 ml; Hydrochloric acid 35% is an amount sufficient to obtain the required volume.
Indications for use
- Regulation of the chair (with proctitis, hemorrhoids, anus fractures);
- Atonic constipation.
Laksigal is also appointed during preparation for surgical operations, X-ray and instrumental examinations.
- Abdominal pains (not clear genesis);
- Intestinal obstruction;
- Spastic constipation;
- Acute inflammatory diseases of the abdominal organs;
- Strangulated hernia;
- Severe dehydration;
- Bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract;
- Age up to 4 years;
- First trimester of pregnancy;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Laxigal should be taken with caution in women during lactation.
Dosing and Administration
Laksigal taken orally before bedtime. A single dose should be added to a small amount of water.
Adults and children from 10 years old are usually prescribed 12-24 drops, children 4-10 years old - 6-12 drops each. In subsequent doses, depending on the effect obtained, the dose can be increased or decreased.
During therapy, the development of such side effects as dehydration, diarrhea, abdominal pain, weakness, impaired water and electrolyte balance, lowering blood pressure, convulsions.
Without medical supervision, Laxigal should not be taken daily for longer than 10 days.
Children can use the drug only after a doctor is prescribed.
Diuretics and glucocorticosteroids increase the risk of electrolyte disturbances.
During the administration of Laxigal, sensitivity to cardiac glycosides may be increased.
The relaxing effect is reduced by broad-spectrum antibiotics.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, out of reach of children at a temperature of 10-25 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.