Lacidofil is a probiotic containing living forms of lactic acid organisms, contributing to the normalization and restoration of intestinal microflora.
Release form and composition
Lacidophil dosage form - capsules for oral administration (20 or 75 pieces per pack).
The active ingredient of the drug is live probiotic microorganisms in the amount of 2 billion, 95% of which are Lactobacillus rhamnosus R0011, and 5% are Lactobacillus acidophilus R0052.
Indications for use
- Prevention and treatment of diarrhea caused by the use of antibacterial drugs (including clindamycin, ampicillin, lincomycin, amoxicillin and cephalosporins);
- Comprehensive treatment of necrotizing enterocolitis in newborns and infants;
- Specific prevention of diseases caused by Clostridium difficile (pseudomembranous colitis);
- Therapy of dyspepsia and gastroenteritis;
- Treatment of transient functional disorders of the intestine (both diarrhea and constipation), including as a result of changes in diet associated with tourism;
- Combined therapy of ulcerative and erosive diseases of the stomach and duodenum caused by Helicobacter pylori infection (in combination with anti-helicobacter antibiotics);
- Comprehensive treatment of atopic skin diseases;
- Prevention of allergic diseases in children (the drug is prescribed first for a pregnant woman, and then for a newborn child).
Lacidofil can also be used for this purpose:
- Improve digestive function;
- Increased lactose tolerance of dairy products;
- Restoration and normalization of intestinal microflora;
- Improvement of general condition and well-being in chronic fatigue syndrome.
Dosing and Administration
Lacidofil should be taken orally with a small amount of water while eating. Children can open the capsules and mix their contents with cool water or food.
To normalize the intestinal microflora is prescribed: adults - 1-2 capsules per day, children over 3 years old - 1 capsule per day, children under 3 years old - 1 capsule 1 time in 2 days. Application course - at least 20 days.
For the prevention of diarrhea during the period of treatment with antibacterial drugs, it is recommended to take Lacidofil 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking the antibiotic. As a rule, children over 12 years old and adults are prescribed 1-2 capsules 3 times a day, children 3-12 years old - 1 capsule 2-3 times a day, children 1-3 years old - 1 capsule 2 times a day, children under 1 year old - 1 capsule 1 time per day. The duration of probiotic intake should be consistent with the duration of antibiotic treatment. After that, to stabilize the intestinal microflora, the drug can be taken in prophylactic doses.
When transient intestinal dysfunction associated with a change in diet is prescribed: children over 12 years old and adults 1-2 capsules 3 times a day, children 3-12 years old 1 capsule 3 times a day, children 1-3 years - 1 capsule 2 times a day, children under 1 year old - 1 capsule 1 time per day. Treatment should continue until the complete disappearance of signs of the disease. In some cases, children may need an increase in dosage. After the end of treatment, in order to stabilize the intestinal microflora, Lacidofil is recommended to continue taking in prophylactic doses.
In atopic dermatitis, the drug is prescribed mainly for children under the age of 3 years - 1 capsule 1 time per day for 1-1.5 months.
And although the benefits of taking Lacidofil outweigh the possible risks, patients should be under constant observation during its use after allotransplantation, operations on the large intestine, mouth and teeth, during chemotherapy, with immunodeficiencies, bloody diarrhea, endocarditis, and children with short bowel syndrome.
Antibacterial drugs taken orally, reduce the effectiveness of probiotic bacteria, so Lacidofil should be taken 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking the antibiotic.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not exceeding 4 ºС (in the refrigerator).
Shelf life - 2 years.