L-lysine escinate is a drug that normalizes increased vascular tissue permeability, increases vascular tone, has analgesic, anti-exudative (antiedematous) and moderate hypoglycemic effect.
Release form and composition
The dosage form of L-lysine escinate is a concentrate from which a solution is prepared for intravenous administration (5 ml in ampoules, 5 ampoules in blisters, 2 packs in cardboard packs).
The active ingredient of the drug - L-lysine escinate: in 1 ml - 1 mg.
Indications for use
- Disturbances of peripheral venous circulation, accompanied by edema;
- Swelling of the spinal cord or brain of traumatic and postoperative origin;
- Postoperative and post-traumatic swelling of soft tissues of various localization.
- Children's age up to 18 years;
- Lactation period;
- Severe renal or hepatic impairment;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Relative (special caution required):
- Liver disease;
Dosing and Administration
L-lysine escinate is intended solely for intravenous administration.
As a rule, the drug is administered slowly drip in a daily dose of 5-10 ml. To prepare an infusion solution, the lyophilisate is diluted in 50-100 ml of 0.9% sodium chloride solution.
If necessary, a very slow jet injection is allowed. To do this, the lyophilisate is diluted in 10-15 ml of 0.9% sodium chloride solution.
Under conditions that threaten the patient's life (with large edema due to extensive injuries of soft tissues, postoperative swelling of the spinal cord and brain with symptoms of edema-swelling, traumatic brain injuries), the daily dose is increased to 20 ml and divided into 2 administrations. The duration of treatment is 2-8 days depending on the general condition of the patient and the effectiveness of the therapy.
In individual hypersensitivity to escin in some cases, the following side effects are noted:
- Allergic reactions: flushing of the face and lips, itching, fever, skin rash (erythematous, petechial, papular), urticaria; in very rare cases - anaphylactic shock, angioedema;
- Central nervous system: tremor, dizziness and headache; in some cases - short-term loss of consciousness, ataxia;
- Liver and biliary system: increased transaminase and bilirubin activity;
- Cardiovascular system: increase or decrease in blood pressure, chest pain, tachycardia;
- Digestive system: nausea; in some cases - diarrhea, vomiting;
- Respiratory system: in rare cases - shortness of breath, dry cough, feeling of lack of air, bronchial obstruction;
- Local reactions: pain in the arm, phlebitis, burning along the vein at the time of introduction;
- Others: chills, general weakness, fever.
Overdose symptoms: heartburn, nausea, epigastric pain, fever and tachycardia. Symptomatic treatment.
A short-term increase in the activity of transaminases and bilirubin is possible in some patients with hepatocholecystitis with the use of L-lysine scinate, but this phenomenon does not pose a threat to health, and therefore does not require discontinuation of the drug.
The L-lysine escinate concentrate contains 23.8% by volume of ethanol, i.e. up to 2.4 ml of ethanol at different doses and up to 6.1 ml / day, which corresponds to 50.8 ml of wine or 122 ml of beer per day.
The drug can affect the speed of reactions and the ability to concentrate, but considering the injuries that use the drug, this factor usually does not matter.
L-lysine escinate should not be used simultaneously with aminoglycosides, since there is a possibility of increasing their nephrotoxicity.
If necessary, the simultaneous use of anticoagulants is necessary to adjust their dose and monitor the prothrombin index, in the case of the appointment of L-lysine scinatal after prolonged use also need to control the prothrombin index.
With the simultaneous use of cephalosporin antibacterial drugs, it is difficult for escin to bind to plasma proteins, which makes it possible to increase its concentration in the blood, which is fraught with the development of side effects.
The composition of L-lysine escinate includes 96% ethyl alcohol, therefore, in the appointment of other drugs should take into account the possible interaction of ethanol.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature of 15-25 ºС in a dark place and out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 2 years.