Kudesang is a drug that reduces tissue hypoxia and normalizes myocardial metabolism.
Release form and composition
Kudesang is available in the form of drops for oral administration, which is a clear yellow-orange liquid with a slight opalescence (15, 20, 25, 50, 60 or 100 ml each in bottles of light-protective glass with droppers, in a cardboard bundle 1 bottle) .
The active ingredient of the drug is ubidecarenone: in 1 ml - 30 mg.
Auxiliary components: purified water, macrogol glyceryl hydroxystearate (cremophor RH-40), ascorbyl palmitate, sodium benzoate, α-tocopherol acetate, citric acid (food).
Indications for use
For adults: prevention and treatment (as part of complex therapy) of various diseases of the cardiovascular system:
- Arterial hypertension;
- Ischemic heart disease, incl. myocardial infarction (during the period of rehabilitation therapy);
- Chronic heart failure (including dilated cardiomyopathy);
- The period of preparation for carrying out operations on the heart (coronary artery bypass surgery, with heart defects).
For children older than 1 year: prevention and treatment (as part of complex therapy) of the following diseases:
- Cardiovascular system: chronic heart failure (including dilated cardiomyopathy), arrhythmias, preparation for heart surgery for congenital or acquired defects;
- Gastrointestinal tract: chronic gastroduodenitis;
- Kidneys: metabolic nephropathy, chronic pyelonephritis;
- Nervous system: disorders of the autonomic nervous system (neurocirculatory dystonia), congenital myopathies, Leiga syndrome, mitochondrial encephalomyopathy (MELAS syndrome), muscular dystrophy, tuberous sclerosis, migraine;
- Conditions associated with impaired metabolic processes: asthenic syndrome, recovery period after surgical interventions or serious diseases.
For adults and children over 1 year:
- Improving adaptation to increased physical exertion in athletes;
- Prevention and replenishment of coenzyme Q 10 .
Application Kudesan strictly contraindicated in two cases:
- Children's age up to 1 year;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Special observation during the treatment period is necessary for patients with hypotension.
Dosing and Administration
Kudesang taken orally, pre-dissolved in a small amount of drink or boiled water at room temperature, 1 time per day during the meal in the morning.
The recommended dose when taking the drug for the purpose of prevention, depending on the age of the patient:
- Children over 12 years old and adults 12-24 drops;
- 7-12 years old - 8-12 drops;
- 3-7 years - 4-8 drops;
- 1-3 years - 2-4 drops.
The recommended dose when taking the drug in the complex treatment of various diseases, depending on the age of the patient:
- Children over 12 years old and adults - 20-60 drops;
- 7-12 years old - 16-20 drops;
- 3-7 years old - 10-16 drops;
- 1-3 years - 4-10 drops.
Duration of application of Kudesan is 2-3 months. According to the recommendation of the doctor, repeated courses of treatment can be carried out.
Basically, the drug is well tolerated. In rare cases, the following side effects occur:
- The digestive system: nausea and diarrhea;
- Other: allergic reactions.
Due to the lack of sufficient clinical experience, Kudesang is not recommended to be prescribed during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Ubidekarenone may reduce the effectiveness of warfarin, potentiate the action of nitrates, metoprolol, diltiazem and enalapril.
Tricyclic antidepressants, lipid-lowering drugs (fibrates and statins), beta-blockers (propranolol, metoprolol, atenolol) can reduce the concentration of ubidecarenone in the blood plasma.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature of 15-25 ºС in a dark place.
Shelf life - 2 years.