Ksidifon is a drug that regulates the metabolism of phosphorus and calcium in the body.
Release form and composition
Ksidifon released in the form of a solution of 20% for the preparation of a 2% solution for oral administration: colorless, odorless, 50 or 100 ml in vials, 1 bottle in a carton box; on 100 or 250 ml in plastic containers.
The composition of 100 ml of solution includes:
- Active ingredient: etidronic acid (potassium hydroxyethylidene diphosphonate dihydrate) - 20 g;
- Auxiliary components: sodium hydroxide, purified water.
Indications for use
Ksidifon is prescribed as a means of regulating calcium metabolism in the body in adults and children with such diseases / conditions:
- Urolithiasis and other kidney diseases;
- Hyperparathyroidism and concomitant interstitial nephritis;
- Hypervitaminosis D;
- Osteoporosis (therapy and prevention).
The drug is shown as a means of preventing the development of osteoporosis and osteopenia during prolonged immobilization of patients with rheumatoid arthritis, accelerating the excretion of excess heavy metals from tin, lead, strontium, antimony and silicon, as well as increasing bone mass in secondary osteoporosis.
Simultaneously with other drugs, Ksidifon is prescribed for adults in the treatment of moderate and mild bronchial asthma (to stabilize the membranes of immune-competent cells) and hormone-dependent bronchial asthma (for the prevention of osteoporosis).
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding (lactation);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Ksidifon should be taken orally half an hour before meals.
The drug is taken in the form of a diluted 2% solution. To obtain it, to 1 part of the base 20% solution should be added 9 parts of water (boiled or distilled). The resulting solution should be stored in the refrigerator.
Ksitifon taken 2-3 times a day. Single dose is determined by age:
- Adults and children from 10 years old - 1 tablespoon (300 mg);
- Children 3-10 years old - 1 dessert spoon (200 mg);
- Children under 3 years old - 1 teaspoonful (10 mg / kg body weight).
The initial course of therapy is 14 days. Patients with crystalluria and stones in the kidneys are usually prescribed 5-6 courses with breaks of 21 days for 1-2 years. With the preventive purpose of relapse, the formation of Ksidifon stones should be taken for 2-6 months.
In the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis, the drug is used for 2-3 months at a dose of 5-7 mg / kg. Therapeutic courses must be repeated in 1-2 months.
In trabecular osteopenia and osteoporosis, patients with rheumatoid arthritis Ksipifon are prescribed at the rate of 5-10 mg / kg body weight in 2 doses. The course duration is not less than a year. Simultaneously with the intake of the drug should eat foods rich in calcium salts (equivalent to 500 ml of milk). If this is not possible, it is recommended to take calcium gluconate in a daily dose of 1.5 g.
When a patient lives in unfavorable environmental conditions for heavy metals, as well as in chronic intoxication with heavy metals, Xyphon is prescribed at a dose of 10 mg / kg body weight. The drug should be taken for 7-10 days of each month.
With the complex treatment of bronchial asthma, Xyphonus is prescribed for adults from 16 years of age. The duration of the drug - up to 30 days.
During therapy may develop disorders of some body systems:
- The digestive system: in some cases, a laxative effect may occur (it is necessary to increase the frequency of taking the drug without changing the daily dose);
- Metabolism: with prolonged intake of high doses of Ksidifona - a rachitis-like effect and hypomagnesemia, for prophylactic purposes it is recommended to use minimal doses of magnesium-containing drugs and periodically assign therapeutic doses of vitamin D;
- Other: possible - a change in lipid peroxidation, eliminated by taking 1 time per day 3-5 drops of 5% oil solution of vitamin E.
Ksidifon should be taken with caution in patients with chronic enterocolitis.
During therapy, patients should receive adequate amounts of calcium and vitamin D.
When using Ksidifon in patients with reduced kidney function, you need to adjust the dosage regimen.
Information about the interaction of Ksififona with other drugs is missing.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not lower than 0 ° C in a dark place, out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 3 years.
The diluted 2% solution can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 month.