The burnet (medicinal, pharmacy, or glandular) is a perennial herb of the Rosaceae family, long used as an astringent and styptic for menstrual disorders, hemorrhoids, internal bleeding, and many other diseases. It also has such popular names as loped grass, spool, rollers, bedrock, forest mountain ash, wild mountain ash, curator, blackhead, etc.
For medicinal purposes, mainly the roots and rhizomes of the plant are used, less often - leaves and flowers. Their beneficial properties are due to the chemical composition in which the following components were found:
- Organic acids;
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C);
- Essential oil;
- Macronutrients: potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron;
- Trace elements: manganese, copper, zinc, cobalt, chromium, barium, selenium, nickel, strontium, iodine and boron.
The most valuable properties of a burnet are:
- Pain reliever;
- Wound healing;
- Antidiarrheal disease;
Indications for use
Broths and tinctures, tinctures and extracts are prepared from the roots and rhizomes of the burnet. Preparations prepared from this plant are characterized by a pronounced antiseptic effect against Escherichia coli, less pronounced - with respect to dysentery, typhoid and paratyphoid sticks.
The spool helps to normalize the motor function of the intestine, has an astringent effect, relieves inflammation, therefore it is used in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (including infants), such as diarrhea of various origins, flatulence and dysbiosis, food poisoning, ulcerative colitis, chronic enterocolitis, gastric and duodenal ulcer, giardiasis cholecystitis.
As a hemostatic, the plant is used for pulmonary, renal, hemorrhoidal, intestinal, gastric and uterine bleeding, hemoptysis, malignant tumors of the gums, heavy menstruation, fibromyoma, hemorrhagic metropathy and bleeding caused by abortions. In gynecology, the burnet is also used in the treatment of diseases such as cervical erosion, trichomonas colpitis, and bacterial vaginosis.
Outwardly, infusions and decoctions are used in the form of lotions and compresses for burns, ulcers (especially trophic), abrasions, bruises, difficult healing and festering wounds, rashes, bedsores, seborrheic dermatitis, neurodermatitis, bruises, eczema, psoriasis.
In the form of gargling, decoction of the burnet is recommended for use in inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nasopharynx and oral cavity: tonsillitis, pharyngitis, stomatitis, toothache, periodontal disease, inflammation of the gum pockets.
Seated baths help with hemorrhoids, and douching - with uterine inflammatory processes, accompanied by bleeding.
Preparations of the forest ryabinki are effective in diseases of the cardiovascular system, in particular in inflammation of the walls of blood vessels and inflammation of the venous wall. In some cases, doctors recommend a plant for hypertension.
Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory action of the burnet is used for dysentery and respiratory diseases, including with tuberculosis.
In infants with preparations of burnet, ear diseases and conjunctivitis are treated.
The structure of the burnet includes saponins, carotene, selenium, copper and boron, which possess oncoprotective properties, thanks to which the plant is used to treat and prevent neoplastic diseases, including uterine myomas. In addition, nickel, manganese and iodine normalize hormones, which prevent the development of tumors.
Preparations of the burnet cannot be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding, as well as in the case of a known hypersensitivity to its constituent substances.
With extreme caution, the plant is used in the following cases:
- Spasms of the brain;
Oral administration of the spool should be stopped in case of constipation.
In therapeutic doses prescribed by a doctor, drugs do not cause side effects. With prolonged use may be slight allergic reactions and increased blood coagulation.
Homemade medicine from burnet
- Broth from dysentery: 1 tbsp. crushed roots pour 1 cup boiling water, boil for 30 minutes, cool and strain. Take 1 tbsp. every 2 hours;
- Tea for intestinal infections: 2 tsp. medicinal raw materials pour 250 ml of boiled water, bring to a boil, remove from heat, leave for 10 minutes to infuse and strain. Drink 2 cups per day;
- Broth from intestinal flu: 3 tbsp. dry roots pour 3 cups boiled water at room temperature, boil over low heat for 30 minutes and strain. Drink 1 glass during the day;
- A cure for hemorrhoids: 1 tbsp. chopped roots pour 1 cup boiling water, boil for 30 minutes, strain and insist for 2-3 hours. To accept inside on 1 item of l. in the afternoon on an empty stomach or add to the sedentary baths;
- A decoction of skin inflammation: 3 tbsp. roots pour 400 ml of water, boil for 30 minutes, remove from heat and insist 2 hours, drain. Apply in the form of wet compresses, lotions and washing;
- Diarrhea medicine: 1 tbsp. roots pour 1 tbsp. boiling water, boil for 40 minutes and strain. Take 1 tbsp. Diluted in 50 ml of water, 5-6 times a day. Take this decoction on an empty stomach and is recommended for inflammation of the colon;
- Infusion of amebic dysentery and purulent conjunctivitis: 1 tbsp. medicinal raw materials pour 300 ml of chilled boiled water, insist 8 hours and strain. Take 1/4 cup 3 times a day before meals;
- The agent used in cancer: 1 tbsp. raw materials pour 1 cup of water, boil for 30 minutes on low heat, then insist 4 hours. Use externally as lotions and / or take orally 1 tbsp. 3 times a day.
- The cure for cervical erosion and trichomonas colpitis: prepare a decoction as described before this recipe and use for douching in this scheme: 1 and 2 weeks - daily, 3 and 4 weeks - every other day.