Cromohexal is a drug with anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory effects.
Release form and composition
Cromohexal Dosage Forms:
- Inhalation solution: 2 ml in polyethylene ampoules, 10 pcs. in tapes, in a cardboard bundle of 5 or 10 tapes;
- Spray nasal dosage: 15 ml (85 doses) or 30 ml (170 doses) in plastic bottles equipped with a dosing device in a carton pack 1 bottle;
- Eye drops 2%: 10 ml in plastic bottles, droppers, in a cardboard bundle 1 bottle.
1 vial of solution contains:
- Active ingredient: sodium cromoglycate - 20 mg;
- Auxiliary component: purified water.
1 spray dose contains:
- Active ingredient: sodium cromoglycate - 2.8 mg;
- Auxiliary components: disodium edetate, disodium hydrogen phosphate dodecahydrate, liquid noncrystallized sorbitol, benzalkonium chloride, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, sodium chloride, water for injection.
1 ml of drops contains:
- Active ingredient: sodium cromoglycate - 20 mg;
- Auxiliary components: disodium edetate, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, disodium hydrogen phosphate dodecahydrate, sodium chloride, benzalkonium chloride, sorbitol non-crystalline liquid, sodium hydroxide to pH 7.0, water for injection.
Indications for use
In the form of an inhalation solution, Cromohexal is used for the prophylactic treatment of asthmatic symptoms in case of bronchial asthma (including an allergic nature) and endogenous forms of asthma caused by stress, infection or exercise.
In the form of a nasal spray, the drug is prescribed for the prevention and treatment of pollinosis and allergic rhinitis, incl. seasonal and / or year-round.
In the form of eye drops, Cromohexal is used for the prevention and treatment of keratitis, keratoconjunctivitis and conjunctivitis of allergic origin, as well as irritation of the mucous membrane of the eyes caused by allergic reactions (caused by professional hazards, cosmetics, plants and domestic animals, household chemicals, ophthalmic drugs, factors environment).
All forms of release of Kromoheksal are contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to cromoglicic acid or auxiliary components of the drug.
Spray is also not prescribed during pregnancy and lactation.
The solution and drops are contraindicated in children under 2 years old, spray - up to 5 years.
Caution is prescribed:
- Spray - for patients with nasal polyps, renal and / or liver failure;
- Drops - during pregnancy and lactation, children under 4 years.
There are no data on the negative effects of Cromohexal on the fetus or the child receiving breast milk. However, during pregnancy (especially in the first trimester) and during lactation, the drug is prescribed only after a thorough assessment of the ratio of the expected benefits for the woman and the possible risks to the child.
Dosing and Administration
In the absence of other recommendations, the solution should be inhaled 4 times a day according to the contents of one ampoule, if possible with equal intervals of time. If necessary, double the dose and / or increase the frequency of use up to 6 times a day. After achieving a therapeutic effect, inhalation can be made as needed. It is recommended to reduce the dose gradually, within 1 week.
The initial course of treatment is at least 4 weeks.
To open a disposable polyethylene ampoule, it is necessary to break off the upper labeled portion. For inhalation use special inhalers (for example, ultrasound).
Spray Kromoheksal is intended for intranasal use. Adults and children over 5 years old are usually prescribed 1 dose in each nasal passage 4 times a day. If necessary, the frequency of administration is increased to 6 times. After reaching a therapeutic effect, the multiplicity of use can be reduced and the drug can be used only in contact with allergens (pollen, house dust, fungal spores).
The course of treatment is 4 weeks. It is necessary to cancel the drug gradually, within 1 week.
To inject the spray into the nasal passage, you need to remove the protective cap from the bottle, insert the nozzle into the nostril, and press the spray mechanism strongly. Before using Kromohexal for the first time, it is necessary to first press the spray mechanism several times until liquid droplets appear.
Eye drops for adults and children over 2 years old should be instilled into each conjunctival sac 1-2 drops 4 times a day at intervals of 4-6 hours. If necessary, the frequency of application is increased to 6-8 times per day. After reaching a therapeutic effect, the frequency of instillations can be reduced and the drug can be used only when in contact with allergens.
After inhalation in some cases, a small cough, mild pharyngeal and tracheal irritation occurs. Very rarely, these symptoms can cause reflex spasms. It is also possible the appearance of skin rash, inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract. All these phenomena are usually mild and disappear after discontinuation of the drug.
Possible side effects caused by the use of Cromohexal in the form of a spray:
- Respiratory system: burning or irritation of the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity, rhinorrhea, frequent sneezing, coughing; rarely - nosebleeds;
- Allergic reactions: skin rash, itching of the skin, urticaria, difficulty breathing or swallowing, swelling of the lips, eyelids or face;
- Others: headache, unpleasant taste.
When using eye drops, there may be a violation of the clarity of visual perception, foreign body sensation in the eye, meybomit (barley), lacrimation, conjunctival edema, burning and dry eyes, and superficial damage to the corneal epithelium.
With regular use, Kromoheksal prevents the development of asthmatic manifestations, but it is not intended for the relief of acute attacks. With prolonged treatment requires regular monitoring of the functional state of the liver and kidneys.
In case of persistent or increasing irritation or burning sensation of the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity after applying the drops, the drug should be canceled.
Cromohexal eye drops reduce the need for the use of ophthalmic forms of glucocorticoids.
The composition of the drops as a preservative includes benzalkonium chloride, so during treatment you should not wear soft contact lenses, and hard should be removed 15 minutes before instillation and wear no earlier than 15 minutes after.
During the instillation, care must be taken not to touch the eye with the pipette tip; after each use, close the bottle tightly.
After instillation, there may be a decrease in the clarity of vision, therefore, during treatment, care should be taken when driving vehicles and performing any activities that require reaction speed and / or high concentration of attention.
Simultaneously with Cromohexal, ambroxol and bromhexine preparations should not be inhaled.
Cromoglycic acid may increase the effectiveness of H1-histamine blockers.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a place protected from light and out of reach of children, at temperatures up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.
Polyethylene ampoules with inhalation solution are intended for single use. Open vials with drops and spray can be stored no more than 6 months.