Kromofarm - a drug with a pronounced antiallergic effect.
Release form and composition
- Eye drops (10 ml in vials, in a carton 1 bottle);
- Nasal spray (15 ml in bottles equipped with a spray nozzle in a carton of 1 bottle).
The active ingredient of the drug is sodium cromoglycate, in 1 ml of drops and spray - 20 mg.
Auxiliary components: disodium edetate, sodium chloride, polysorbate 80, disodium phosphate dodecahydrate, benzalkonium chloride, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, water for injections.
Indications for use
In the form of eye drops, the drug is used in the following cases:
- Prevention and treatment of various forms of allergic conjunctivitis and keratoconjunctivitis, incl. acute, subacute and chronic forms;
- Treatment of hay fever with conjunctivitis.
In the form of a nasal spray, Cromopharm is prescribed in such cases:
- Treatment and prevention of various forms of allergic rhinitis, incl. acute, subacute and chronic forms;
- Treatment of seasonal and / or year-round allergic rhinitis and hay fever.
Both dosage forms are contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the drug.
Additional contraindications for nasal spray:
- Impaired renal / hepatic function;
- Polyps of the nasal cavity;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Children's age up to 5 years.
Eye drops, moreover, are not prescribed to children under the age of 4 years.
With caution in this dosage form Kromofarm used for violations of the kidneys. During pregnancy, especially in the first trimester, the drug can be prescribed only if the expected benefit to the woman outweighs the potential risks to the fetus. Breastfeeding for the period of treatment is recommended to temporarily interrupt.
Dosing and Administration
Eye drops for adults and children should be instilled 1 drop in the conjunctival sac of each eye 4 times a day, after carefully washing their hands. If necessary, the multiplicity of instillations is increased to 6-8 times per day. After improving the condition of the dose can be reduced.
The duration of the therapeutic course is determined by the duration of contact with the allergen. Patients suffering from seasonal conjunctivitis, Kromofarm recommended to use as a preventive measure for some time before the appearance of pollen or immediately after the appearance of the allergen.
Before first use, the cap on the bottle must be screwed in until it stops. At the same time, the spike located on the inside of the cap will pierce a small hole in the thin part of the dropper. It is recommended to hold the vial in your palm for some time before each instillation so that the solution warms to body temperature.
Spray designed for intranasal use. As a rule, adults and children over 5 years old are prescribed 1 dose in each nasal passage 3-4 times a day. With insufficient therapeutic effect, the frequency of administration is increased to 4-6 times a day. After improving the condition of the dose can be reduced.
The duration of treatment is determined individually for each patient. For patients suffering from seasonal allergic rhinitis, Kromofarm is recommended for prophylactic use some time before the appearance of pollen or immediately after the appearance of the allergen.
It is necessary to cancel the drug gradually, reducing the dose for at least 7 days.
In acute inflammatory process, as well as severe allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis, Kromofarm is recommended to be used in combination with glucocorticosteroids or antihistamines.
Before each instillation, it is necessary to clear the nasal passages and hold the bottle for some time in the palm to warm the solution to body temperature. Then remove the protective cap, holding the bottle vertically, gently insert the tip of the nebulizer into the nasal passage and press the nebulizer, making a slight inhale through the nose. After the procedure, clean the tip and close it with a protective cap.
- Gastrointestinal tract: change in taste, epigastric pain, dysphagia, nausea, vomiting;
- Central nervous system: dizziness, headache, migraine;
- Cardiovascular system: arterial hypotension;
- Respiratory system: dryness of the mucous membrane of the nose and throat, tingling and irritation of the nasal mucosa, burning sensation, rhinorrhea, sneezing, difficulty breathing or wheezing, unproductive cough; in isolated cases - nasal bleeding, ulcerative lesions of the nasal mucosa, bronchospasm;
- Allergic reactions: skin rash, urticaria, pruritus, angioedema;
- Other: tearing, joint pain.
- Visual system: burning and stinging in the eyes (disappears within 3 minutes after instillation), foreign body sensation in the eye, irritation and dryness of the mucous membrane of the eyes, redness of the conjunctiva, increased tearing, rash on the skin around the eyes; in rare cases - visual impairment, blepharitis;
- Other: change in taste, dyspnea; in some cases, hypersensitivity reactions.
There are no data on benzalkonium chloride overdose. When using excessive doses of the drug may increase the risk of developing or increasing the severity of side effects. There is no specific antidote, treatment is symptomatic.
The composition of the eye drops includes benzalkonium chloride, so during treatment you should not wear soft contact lenses, and hard at the time of instillation must be removed and worn no earlier than 15 minutes after it.
Patients whose activity is associated with driving vehicles or controlling machinery, for some time after eye bury should not engage in types of work that require increased attention and clarity of vision.
If necessary, long-term treatment is recommended to monitor the state of the function of the kidneys and liver.
There is no data on the negative interaction of Cromopharma with other drugs.
When used in combination, the drug enhances the anti-asthma and anti-allergic effects of antihistamines, glucocorticosteroids, beta-adrenomimetics and theophylline, therefore, may require a reduction in their dose.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry place inaccessible to direct sunlight at a temperature up to 25 ºС.
Shelf life - 2 years, after the first opening of the bottle - 28 days.