Kraynon - progestin drug used in gynecology.
Release form and composition
Kraynon is produced in the form of a vaginal gel (homogeneous, soft consistency, white or almost white in color, with a specific smell): 1 dose (1,125 g) in polyethylene vaginal applicators disposable, packaged in bags, 6 or 15 bags in a carton box.
The active ingredient of the drug is progesterone: in 1 dose - 90 mg.
Auxiliary components: light liquid paraffin, glycerol, hydrogenated palm oil glyceride, polycarbophil, sorbic acid, sodium hydroxide, 974P carbomer, purified water.
Indications for use
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding and secondary amenorrhea due to progesterone deficiency;
- Maintenance of the luteal phase in the application of assistive methods of reproduction;
- Postmenopausal hormone replacement therapy (in combination with estrogen drugs).
Application Kraynona contraindicated in the following cases:
- Acute cerebrovascular accident (in history including);
- Acute thrombophlebitis or thrombosis, thromboembolic diseases;
- Incomplete abortion;
- Vaginal bleeding of unknown etiology;
- Malignant tumors of the genital organs or mammary glands or suspicion of their presence;
- Acute porphyria;
- Lactation period;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
With care to apply Krainn is necessary at such diseases / conditions:
- Cardiovascular failure;
- Arterial hypertension;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Chronic renal failure;
- Impaired liver function;
- Depression in the anamnesis;
- Factors predisposing to the development of thrombotic disorders;
If the function of the corpus luteum is insufficient, the drug may be prescribed in the first trimester of pregnancy. In later terms, the use of Kraynon is not recommended.
Dosing and Administration
The drug is intended for intravaginal use.
For disorders due to progesterone deficiency, 1 dose is prescribed every other day from the 15th to the 25th day of the menstrual cycle. If necessary, increase or decrease the dose.
To maintain the luteal phase when using auxiliary methods of reproduction, the gel is used starting from the day of embryo transfer, 1 dose daily. When pregnancy occurs, treatment is continued for 10–12 weeks from the time it was confirmed or until the 12th week of pregnancy.
When hormone replacement therapy in postmenopausal appoint 1 dose 2 times a week.
For ease of use and hygienic conditions, the gel is packaged in disposable applicators.
- Take the applicator, firmly hold it between your thumb and forefinger and shake it like a medical thermometer so that the gel moves to the bottom of the applicator;
- Holding the applicator by the top flat end of the air container, at the opposite end, by turning, remove the cover to break off. At this point, do not press on the air container;
- Take a comfortable position (lying with knees slightly bent or sitting) and gently insert the lower end of the applicator into the vagina;
- Forcefully squeeze the air container. It should be noted that a certain amount of the drug will remain in the applicator, however, the dose will be fully administered;
- Remove the applicator.
- Central nervous system: drowsiness and headache;
- The reproductive system: intermenstrual bleeding, breast tenderness, irritation of the mucous membrane of the vagina and other local reactions of moderate severity;
- Digestive system: abdominal pain;
- Allergic reactions: hypersensitivity reactions, manifested predominantly skin rash.
Before prescribing Kraynon, patients must undergo a physical examination, including a cervical smear (Pap test), an assessment of the development and condition of the pelvic organs and mammary glands.
To prevent the possibility of incomplete abortion, during treatment it is necessary to periodically conduct an ultrasound study or determine the level of human chorionic gonadotropin.
In the process of long-term treatment, it is necessary to conduct periodic gynecological examinations in order to exclude the likelihood of endometrial hyperplasia.
Special attention should be paid to the possible manifestations of early symptoms of thrombotic disorders, such as cerebral circulation disorders, retinal thrombosis, thrombophlebitis, pulmonary embolism. In the case of detection of any sign indicating such violations or suggesting their existence, it is necessary to immediately cancel Kraynon.
In case of irregular vaginal bleeding and breakthrough bleeding, before prescribing the drug organic pathology should be excluded.
In the case of vaginal bleeding of unknown origin, an appropriate examination should be carried out.
In some patients undergoing estrogen-progestogen therapy, a decrease in glucose tolerance may be observed. Therefore, special monitoring is necessary for patients with diabetes.
In the case of increased depression, treatment should be interrupted.
Sorbic acid, which is part of Kraynon, can cause contact dermatitis (local skin reaction).
In some cases, the drug causes drowsiness and fatigue, so care must be taken when driving and working with other mechanisms. Alcohol can enhance this effect.
Kraynon is not recommended to be used simultaneously with other drugs intended for intravaginal administration.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at temperatures up to 25 ° C in a place with limited access to children. Do not allow freezing!
Shelf life 3 years.