Korneregel is a local ophthalmic drug that stimulates regeneration processes.
Release form and composition
Korneregel is produced in the form of eye gel 5%: transparent or slightly opalescent, colorless, easily flowing (5 or 10 g in tubes, 1 tube in a carton box).
The composition of 1 g of gel includes:
- Dexpanthenol - 50 mg;
- Auxiliary components: carbomer - 0.1 mg; Cetrimide - 0.1 mg; sodium hydroxide - 1.01 mg; edetate disodium 0.1 mg; water for injection - 945.79 mg.
Indications for use
- Keratopathy non-inflammatory nature (recurrent erosion, corneal dystrophy, corneal lesions when wearing contact lenses);
- Chemical and thermal injuries and burns (as an adjuvant therapy to stimulate the healing process of the conjunctiva and cornea);
- Infectious lesions of the cornea of viral, bacterial or fungal origin (as an adjuvant therapy).
Use of Korneregel is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the drug components.
Lactating and pregnant women should use the drug with caution (due to the lack of clinical data).
Dosing and Administration
Korneregel used topically.
The drug is instilled 4 times a day, 1 drop in the lower conjunctival sac of the affected eye. Also, 1 drop should be instilled before bedtime.
During therapy may develop the following side effects:
- Allergic reactions: very rarely - hypersensitivity (skin rash, itching);
- Local reactions: increased tearing, redness, itching, conjunctival edema, pain, foreign body sensation, transient blurred vision.
For infectious corneal damage of viral, bacterial or fungal origin, Korneregel should not be used as monotherapy.
With too frequent or prolonged use, the preservative cetrimide contained in the preparation may cause local allergic reactions (redness, burning, foreign body sensation in the eye), eye irritation and corneal epithelium damage.
During therapy, wearing contact lenses is not recommended, due to the possible incompatibility of Korneregel with the lens material. In cases where wearing contact lenses is still shown, they must be removed before carrying out the procedure. It is possible to put on the lenses again not earlier, 15 minutes after instillation.
You should not touch the eye with the pipette tip.
The tube with the drug should be closed after each use.
In cases where the condition does not improve, or there are signs of eye irritation, you need to stop using the drug and consult a doctor for advice.
Due to the fact that after instillation of the drug may short-term blurred vision, which reduces the reaction rate, the management of mechanisms and vehicles can begin after the restoration of clarity.
Cases of incompatibility Korneregelya with other drugs are unknown.
The interval between the introduction of Korneregel and other ophthalmic drugs should be at least 15 minutes.
When conducting a combined treatment, Korneregel should be used last, since it can prolong the time that other ophthalmic preparations are in the eye and thereby increase their effect.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, out of reach of children at a temperature up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 2 years.
After opening the tube, Korneregel can be used for 6 weeks.