Cordipin - a drug with hypotensive, antianginal action.
Release form and composition
Cordipin produced in the form of tablets, film-coated (10 pcs. In strips, 5 strips in a cardboard bundle).
In the composition of 1 tablet:
- Active ingredient: nifedipine - 10 mg;
- Auxiliary components: corn starch, povidone, lactose monohydrate, sodium lauryl sulfate, talc, pregelatinized starch, anhydrous colloidal silicon dioxide.
Shell composition: talc, methacrylic acid copolymer, macrogol, titanium dioxide, quinoline yellow dye (Е104).
Indications for use
- Raynaud's disease;
- Hypertensive crises, arterial hypertension;
- Prevention of angina attacks (including vasospastic angina), in some cases - to relieve angina attacks.
- Hypotension (systolic pressure below 90 mm Hg);
- Severe heart failure;
- Severe aortic stenosis;
- Cardiogenic shock;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Cordipine use in pregnant women is not recommended. It is necessary to avoid using the drug during lactation or breastfeeding should be interrupted during therapy.
Dosing and Administration
Cordipin take orally.
The doctor selects the dosing regimen individually. The initial single dose for oral administration is 10 mg, the multiplicity of reception - 3-4 times a day. If necessary, a single dose can be gradually increased to 20 mg.
In special cases (with variant angina, severe hypertension) for a short time, the dose can be increased to 30 mg 3-4 times a day.
For relief of angina, as well as hypertensive crisis, cordipin can be used sublingually in 10-20 mg (in some cases, 30 mg).
During therapy may develop disorders of some body systems:
- Digestive system: nausea, diarrhea, heartburn; rarely, impaired liver function; in some cases - gingival hyperplasia. With prolonged use in high doses - increased activity of hepatic transaminases, dyspeptic symptoms, intrahepatic cholestasis;
- Cardiovascular system: sensation of heat, hyperemia of the skin, tachycardia, peripheral edema, hypotension; rarely - asystole, bradycardia, increased angina attacks, ventricular tachycardia;
- Endocrine system: in some cases - gynecomastia;
- Urinary system: an increase in daily diuresis. With prolonged use in high doses - renal dysfunction;
- Central nervous system: headache. With prolonged use in high doses - muscle pain, paresthesia, mild visual disturbances, tremor, sleep disorders;
- Hematopoietic system: in some cases - thrombocytopenia, leukopenia;
- Allergic reactions: skin rash.
In severe disorders of cerebral circulation, acute myocardial infarction, impaired kidney and liver function, diabetes mellitus, hypovolemia and malignant arterial hypertension, as well as in patients on hemodialysis, Cordipin should be used only under strict medical supervision in a clinic.
Patients with functional disorders of the kidneys and / or the liver should avoid taking the drug in high doses. In elderly patients, a decrease in cerebral blood flow associated with acute peripheral vasodilation is more likely.
To speed up the effect when taken inside the pill can be chewed.
When pain during the treatment of the chest Cordipin should be canceled.
During the course of treatment due to the risk of excessive lowering of blood pressure, alcohol should not be consumed.
Canceling the drug should be gradual, because with the abrupt cessation of treatment (especially after prolonged therapy) may develop withdrawal syndrome.
At the beginning of therapy, it is recommended to avoid driving vehicles and performing other potentially dangerous activities that require psychomotor reactions from patients. In the future, the degree of restriction is determined depending on the individual tolerance of cordipin.
With the simultaneous use of cordipin with certain drugs, undesirable effects may occur:
- Antihypertensive drugs, diuretics, phenothiazine derivatives - enhancing the antihypertensive effect of nifedipine;
- Anticholinergics - possible development of attention and memory disorders in elderly patients;
- Beta-blockers - possible development of severe arterial hypotension; in rare cases - the development of heart failure;
- Nitrates - enhancing the antianginal effect of nifedipine;
- Magnesium salts - possible development of muscle weakness;
- Calcium preparations - reducing the effectiveness of nifedipine (due to antagonistic interaction due to an increase in the concentration of calcium ions in the extracellular fluid);
- Digoxin - possibly slowing its removal from the body and, consequently, an increase in its concentration in the blood plasma;
- Diltiazem - increased antihypertensive action;
- Theophylline - possible changes in its concentration in the blood plasma;
- Phenytoin, phenobarbital, carbamazepine - reducing the concentration of nifedipine in the blood plasma;
- Fluoxetine - may increase the side effects of nifedipine;
- Rifampicin - induces the activity of liver enzymes, accelerates the metabolism of nifedipine, which leads to a decrease in its effectiveness;
- Fluconazole, itraconazole - it is possible to increase the concentration of nifedipine in the blood plasma and increase its AUC;
- Quinidine - in some cases, a decrease in its plasma concentration is possible, and with the withdrawal of Cordipine, a significant increase in the concentration of quinidine is possible, which may be accompanied by a prolonged QT interval on the ECG;
- Cimetidine, ranitidine (to a lesser extent) - increasing the concentration of nifedipine in the blood plasma and, thus, enhancing its antihypertensive effect;
- Ethanol - possibly enhancing the action of nifedipine (excessive hypotension), which can lead to the development of dizziness and other undesirable reactions.
Plasma concentration of nifedipine can be moderately increased.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children at temperature up to 25 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.