Collalizin is a local enzyme preparation with kelloidolytic action.
Release form and composition
Kollalizin produced in the form of freeze-dried powder dosed (in ampoules, 9 or 10 pieces in a carton box, complete with test ampoule and ampoule knife).
The composition of 1 ampoule includes the active substance: collagenase - 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000 KE.
Indications for use
Collalizin is prescribed for the treatment and prevention of the following conditions:
- Secondary cataract;
- Retinal scarring;
- Cicatricial changes of the eyelid skin (keloid scars);
- Clouding of the cornea and vitreous body;
- Strictures of the lacrimal ducts (lacrimal-nasal canal and lacrimal canaliculi);
- Conjunctival scarring after burns;
- Plastic iridocyclitis (with subsiding inflammation);
- Hemophthalmus (vitreous hemorrhage) caused by trauma, which takes more than 1/2 of the volume of the vitreous and in a period of 3 days after its formation;
- Cicatricial changes of the skin (skin application).
- The combination of corneal ulcers with simblefaron;
- The unfinished process of corneal epithelization after a burn;
- Vitreous hemorrhage (hemophthalmus) is less than 1/2 of its volume;
- Symptoms of blood coagulation in the vitreous;
- Defects in the sclera;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug (with a confirmed pronounced reaction after the test - the introduction of 1 KE collagenase).
Dosing and Administration
Collalizin is used conjunctivally, using phonophoresis or electrophoresis directly to the lesion (scar, spike, vitreous body, etc.). It is also possible percutaneous use of the drug.
Before using Collalizin, the contents of the vial should be dissolved in water for injection or solution (isotonic solution of sodium chloride or 0.5% solution of novocaine).
Before starting the therapy, the patient's sensitivity to the action of the drug should be checked, for which, under the conjunctiva of the affected eye, you need to enter 1 KE Collalisin and observe the reaction within 48 hours. If an allergic reaction is absent, conduct therapy.
In the treatment of cicatricial changes of the skin, before the use of the drug, skin tests are carried out with the application of a solution for 1-2 days in therapeutic doses.
During therapy, allergic reactions may develop.
When using the drug in ophthalmology, the formation of corneal ulcers is possible.
To prevent the development of side effects, therapy should be started only after the end of the corneal epithelization and confirmation of a negative result of sensitivity tests to the drug.
In the event of a corneal ulcer, Collalizin is immediately canceled, after which antibacterial drugs and epithelization-stimulating drugs are prescribed (1% solution of morphine hydrochloride with 1% solution of quinine, methyluracil).
In cases of development of allergic reactions, the use of the drug should be discontinued, after which anti-allergic therapy should be carried out: local instillations of corticosteroids, cold, antihistamines (suprastin or diphenhydramine), calcium preparations.
Collagenase activity is weakened by detergents, heavy metals, antiseptics, soaps.
Can not be combined with tetracyclines, gramicidin, thyrothricin.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature of 4-6 ° C in a dark place, out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 2 years.