Dry colibacterin is an agent that has antagonism against a wide range of pathogenic and conditionally pathogenic microorganisms, including Proteus, Klebsiella, Salmonella, Staphylococcus, Shigella, etc., thereby normalizing the intestinal microflora.
Release form and composition
Colibacterin is produced in the form of a lyophilisate, designed to prepare a suspension, which is taken orally - 5 doses in vials, in a cardboard box of 10 vials.
The active ingredient of the preparation is a lyophilized microbial mass of live E. coli bacteria M- 17 in a culture medium with the addition of sucrose-gelatose-gelatin medium. In 1 dose - at least 10 billion CFU.
Indications for use
- Dysbacteriosis of various etiologies, including those developed as a result of radiation cytotoxic therapy, administration of antifungal drugs or glucocorticosteroids, stress or exposure to extreme conditions;
- Diarrhea due to chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT);
- Acute infectious diarrhea.
The only contraindication to the use of dry Kolibakterin is a known hypersensitivity to its components.
Dosing and Administration
The drug is taken orally, pre-diluted lyophilisate water (50-100 ml), natural juice, fruit juice, a decoction of vegetables and fruits or other liquids, 30 minutes before a meal or 1.5 hours after a meal.
Recommended dosing regimens for adults:
- Acute diarrhea - 10-15 doses (2-3 dessert spoons) every 3 hours for 1-2 days, then 5-10 doses (1-2 des. L.) 3 times a day for 3-5 days ;
- Chronic diarrhea, colitis after irradiation, dysbacteriosis, chronic enterocolitis, functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract (intestinal pain and excessive gas formation), chronic hepatitis - 5 doses (1 dec.) 3 times a day for 1-3 months;
- The period after the passage of antibiotic therapy, reduced immunity, metabolic disorders - 5 doses 2-3 times a day for 1-3 months;
- Stress, stay in extreme conditions, prevention in the foci of infection and the initial stages of the disease - 5 doses 3 times a day throughout the incubation period and another 2-3 days.
If necessary, according to the recommendation of the doctor, the dose may be increased.
Recommended doses for children depending on age:
- Up to 1 year - 1-1.5 doses (from a few drops to 1/2 tsp) 2-3 times a day until recovery;
- 1-3 years - 1/4 dose for adults;
- 6-10 years - 1/2 dose for adults;
- From 11 years old - an adult dose.
Treatment of patients who have a pronounced allergic reaction, start with 1-1.5 doses 1 time per day. In the absence of allergies, it is gradually increased.
If gas formation is increased and intestinal pains are caused by this, it is recommended to inject Colibacterin in the form of microclysters for 1-2 weeks, after which one-to-one-and-a-half doses of oral administration should be taken once a day with a further gradual increase.
In the first days of treatment, especially for diseases of the small intestine, the drug can cause flatulence and intestinal pain.
Specific instructions on the use of the drug there.
Information on the pharmacological interaction of colibacterin with other drugs is missing.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at temperatures up to 10 ºС in a dry, dark place.
Shelf life - 1 year.