Koldakt - a drug that has anti-congestive, vasoconstrictor and antihistamine effect, used for the symptomatic treatment of colds.
Release form and composition
Coldact is produced in the form of capsules of prolonged action (10 pieces in blisters, in a cardboard bundle 1 blister) and oral syrup (in 60 ml bottles, in a cardboard bundle 1 bottle).
Active ingredients of the drug:
- Chlorpheniramine maleate BP: in 1 capsule - 8 mg, in 5 ml of syrup - 2 mg;
- Phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride BP - in 1 capsule - 50 mg, in 5 ml of syrup - 10 mg.
Indications for use
Koldakt is intended for the symptomatic treatment of diseases accompanied by allergization of the body, nasal congestion, runny nose, swelling of the mucous membrane of the upper respiratory tract, sore throat, tearing, such as acute respiratory viral infections (ARVI), influenza, sinusitis, acute, chronic and allergic rhinitis.
- Severe hypertension;
- Coronary heart disease;
- Children under the age of 1 year - for syrup, up to 12 years - for capsules;
- Lactation period;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
With caution, Conductact is prescribed in the following cases: urinary retention, angle-closure glaucoma, bronchial asthma, uncontrolled diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism, obstructive conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, epilepsy.
Dosing and Administration
Both medicinal forms of Coldact are taken by mouth, preferably after meals.
Capsules are prescribed to children over 12 years old and adults - 1 pc. every 12 hours. Duration of treatment:
- Influenza and SARS - 1-3 days;
- Allergic rhinitis - 3-6 days;
- Sinusitis - 6-12 days;
- Chronic rhinitis - 30 days.
In the form of syrup, the drug is mainly prescribed to children. Recommended doses depending on age:
- 2-6 years - 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) every 4-6 hours or as directed by a doctor;
- 6-12 years - 5 ml (1 tsp) every 4-6 hours;
- Over 12 years old - 5-10 ml (1-2 tsp) every 4-6 hours.
Basically Coldact is well tolerated. In rare cases, possible:
- Dizziness, headache, drowsiness, sleep disturbance, irritability, fatigue, agitation;
- Dry mouth, diarrhea, nausea and / or vomiting, loss of appetite, tone and motility of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Dysuric phenomena;
- Dryness of the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract;
- High blood pressure;
- Blurred vision;
- Constriction in the chest.
The risk of side effects is high in older people and patients with a tendency to increase blood pressure.
During the period of treatment, it is recommended to refrain from performing activities that require increased attention and speed of mental and / or motor reactions (including driving vehicles).
With the simultaneous use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors and furazolidone, the risk of hyperpyrexia, arousal and hypertensive crisis increases; halothane - ventricular arrhythmia.
Koldakt reduces the hypotensive effect of guanethidine, and it enhances the activity of phenylpropanolamine.
Tricyclic antidepressants increase the sympathomimetic effect of Coldact, and it increases the effect of hypnotic drugs and sedatives.
The drug is incompatible with alcohol.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at temperatures up to 25 ºС in a dark place, out of reach of children.
Shelf life - 3 years.