Cocarboxylase - a drug that improves energy and tissue metabolism.
Release form and composition
Cocarboxylase is produced in the form of a lyophilisate for preparing injection solution (in ampoules of 25 mg: 5, 10 and 20 ampoules in a cardboard bundle; in ampoules 50 mg: 5, 10 ampoules in a cardboard bundle; 5, 10 ampoules in a contour cell packaging, 1, 2 packages complete with ampoule knife and solvent in ampoules).
The composition of 1 ampoule contains the active substance: cocarboxylase hydrochloride - 25 or 50 mg.
Solvent: water for injection - 2 ml.
Indications for use
Cocarboxylase is used simultaneously with other drugs in the treatment of the following diseases:
- Acidosis with hyperglycemic coma, metabolic acidosis, acidosis with pulmonary cardiac and respiratory failure;
- Chronic heart failure, postinfarction cardiosclerosis, coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction, unstable angina;
- Renal and / or liver failure, chronic and acute alcoholism, poisoning, intoxication with barbiturates and cardiac glycosides, infectious diseases (scarlet fever, diphtheria, paratyphoid fever, typhoid fever), multiple sclerosis, neuralgia, peripheral neuritis.
Also, the drug is prescribed to children in the neonatal period with hypoxia, respiratory failure, perinatal hypoxic encephalopathy, sepsis, pneumonia, acidosis.
Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Adults Cocarboxylase administered intramuscularly or intravenously. The daily dose is 50-200 mg. In diabetes mellitus (coma, acidosis), the daily dose may be 100-1000 mg. The duration and frequency of use of cocarboxylase is determined by the indications.
For children, the drug is administered intramuscularly, intravenously (jet or drip), the newborn Cocarboxylase is administered sublingually. The daily dose is determined by age:
- Up to 3 months - 25 mg;
- From 4 months to 7 years - 25-50 mg;
- 8-18 years old - 50-100 mg.
The duration of therapy can vary from 3-7 to 15 days.
During therapy may develop allergic reactions (itching, urticaria).
With intramuscular injection may occur: swelling, itching and hyperemia at the injection site.
With the development of uncharacteristic symptoms should consult a doctor.
Cocarboxylase can enhance the cardiotonic action of cardiac glycosides, and also improve their tolerability.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry place out of reach of children at room temperature.
Shelf life - 3 years.