Klostilbegit is a stimulator of gonadotropin production.
Release form and composition
The dosage form of Klostilbegit is tablets (round, flat, white, grayish-white or yellowish-white), 10 pcs. Each. in blister or dark glass bottles, in a cardboard box 1 blister or 1 bottle.
The active ingredient of the drug is clomiphene citrate: in 1 tablet - 50 mg.
Auxiliary components: stearic acid, magnesium stearate, talc, lactose monohydrate, gelatin, potato starch.
Indications for use
- Induction of ovulation in anovulatory infertility;
- Androgen deficiency;
- Secondary amenorrhea;
- Disgonadotropic form of amenorrhea;
- Post-contraceptive amenorrhea;
- Prolonged postpartum amenorrhea-galactorrhea syndrome (Chiari-Frommel syndrome);
- Galactorrhea, developed against the background of a pituitary tumor;
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (Stein-Leventhal syndrome).
- Ovarian cyst (except polycystic ovarian syndrome);
- Metrorrhagia of unknown etiology;
- Lack of ovarian function as a result of hyperprolactinemia;
- Tumors of the genitals;
- Hypofunction or pituitary tumor;
- Adrenal dysfunction;
- Hepatic / Renal Failure;
- Blurred vision;
- Dysfunction of the thyroid gland;
- Lactase deficiency, galactose intolerance, glucose malabsorption;
- Hypersensitivity to clomiphene or excipients.
Dosing and Administration
Klostilbegit should be taken orally.
The dose and duration of treatment for infertility is determined individually, taking into account the reaction of the ovaries is not a drug.
It is recommended for women with regular menstruation to begin therapy on the 5th day of the cycle, with early ovulation or the duration of the follicular phase of less than 12 days - on the 3rd day of the cycle. With amenorrhea, you can start taking the drug on any given day.
Scheme I: 50 mg of clomiphene citrate (1 tablet of Clostilbegit) for 5 days. With the help of laboratory and clinical studies control the reaction of the ovaries. Ovulation usually occurs between the 11th and 15th day of the cycle. If no effect, designate the following scheme.
Scheme II: 100 mg (2 tablets) per day for 5 days. If at this time ovulation is absent, the second scheme is repeated. With continued anovulation, Klostilbegit is discontinued for 3 months, after which treatment is carried out for 3 months. With the ineffectiveness of this course and further treatment is inappropriate.
The maximum permissible total dose for each course is 750 mg.
The initial daily dose for polycystic ovarian syndrome is 50 mg.
With postcontraceptive amenorrhea, the drug is taken in 50 mg 1 time daily. When applying the I scheme, as a rule, one 5-day course is enough.
Men in the treatment of oligospermia appoint 50 mg 1-2 times a day. The drug is taken for 6 days, systematically monitoring semen.
- Digestive system: nausea and vomiting; rarely, increased appetite, diarrhea, flatulence, gastralgia, acute abdomen syndrome;
- The reproductive system: vaginal dryness, abdominal pain;
- Central nervous system: headache, dizziness and drowsiness; rarely, increased excitability, insomnia, depression, slowing down of mental and motor reactions;
- Urinary system: polyuria, increased urination;
- Allergic reactions: rarely - rash, vasomotor disorders, urticaria, allergic dermatitis;
- Dermatological reactions: rarely - alopecia;
- Endocrine system: dysmenorrhea, an increase in the size of the ovary (including cystic), breast lumps, abnormal uterine bleeding; rarely, tenderness in the chest;
- Other: flushing of the face with a feeling of fever (stopped after discontinuation of the drug).
- Metabolism: rarely - a decrease or increase in body weight;
- Sense organs: visual disturbances (including blurring of contours, double vision, photophobia, impaired light perception);
In the treatment with Clostilbegit increases the likelihood of multiple and ectopic pregnancy, the growth of existing uterine fibroids, endometriosis.
If you take too high a dose, you may feel a rush of blood to the face, vasomotor reactions, visual impairment (outbreaks, scotoma, reduced visual acuity), nausea, vomiting, pain in the pelvic organs and in the abdomen, an increase in the ovaries. Treatment of overdose involves carrying out activities aimed at removing clomiphene from the body, and maintenance therapy.
Before the appointment of Klostilbegita should conduct a thorough gynecological examination. Treatment can be started only if the total content of gonadotropin in the urine is within the normal range or less than its lower limit, the state of the ovaries during palpation is normal, the functions of the thyroid gland, adrenal glands and liver correspond to the norm. In the absence of ovulation, before the start of the course of treatment, it is necessary to exclude or cure all other forms of infertility.
During the course of treatment with Klostilbegit, constant gynecologist observation, vaginal examinations, control of ovarian function, observation of the pupil phenomenon (opening of the cervical canal that occurs during ovulation) are necessary. During treatment, it is not always possible to determine the moment of ovulation, often there is a failure of the corpus luteum, therefore, after conception, prophylactic progesterone therapy is recommended.
With Klostilbegit, there is a possibility of ovarian enlargement or cystic changes, especially in women with Stein-Leventhal syndrome. At the same time it is necessary to monitor the body temperature, and as soon as it becomes biphasic, treatment should be stopped until the size of the ovaries returns to normal. In the future, the drug can be resumed, but at the same time reduce the dose or duration of therapy.
Clomiphene citrate is compatible with gonadotropic hormone preparations.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature of 15-25 ºС out of the reach of children.
Shelf life - 5 years.