Klion-D 100 - a combination drug with antimicrobial, antiprotozoal and antifungal effects.
Release form and composition
Klion-D 100 is produced in the form of vaginal tablets - biconvex, oval with a pointed end, almost white, with the inscription "100" on one of the sides (10 pieces in aluminum strips, 1 strip in cardboard packs).
The composition of 1 tablet contains the active substances:
- Miconazole nitrate - 100 mg;
- Metronidazole - 100 mg.
Auxiliary components: sodium lauryl sulfate - 0.5 mg; lactose monohydrate - 473.5 mg; colloidal silicon dioxide - 7 mg; magnesium stearate - 13 mg; sodium carboxymethyl starch (type A) - 100 mg; Povidone - 26 mg; sodium bicarbonate - 90 mg; Crospovidone - 100 mg; tartaric acid - 100 mg; hypromellose - 190 mg.
Indications for use
Klion-D 100 is prescribed for the local treatment of mixed etiology of vaginitis caused simultaneously by Candida spp. and Trichomonas spp.
- Liver failure;
- Organic lesions of the central nervous system, including epilepsy;
- Leukopenia (including in history);
- First trimester of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Children's age up to 12 years;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug and to other azoles.
Klion-D 100 should be used with caution in patients with diabetes and microcirculation disorders.
Dosing and Administration
Klion-D 100 is used intravaginally. Pre-vaginal tablet should be moistened with water, after which it must be inserted in the evening before bedtime deep into the vagina. Therapy is carried out for 10 days simultaneously with the ingestion of metronidazole.
During therapy may develop disorders of some body systems:
- Digestive system: loss of appetite, nausea, change in taste, vomiting, abdominal pain of a spastic nature, metallic taste in the mouth, diarrhea or constipation;
- Hematopoietic system: leukocytosis or leukopenia;
- Urinary system: urine staining in brown-red color (due to the presence of water-soluble pigment, resulting from the metabolism of metronidazole);
- Central nervous system: dizziness, headache;
- Local reactions: burning, itching, pain and irritation of the mucous membrane of the vagina, thick, white, mucous discharge from the vagina without odor or with a faint odor, burning sensation or irritation of the penis of the partner;
- Allergic reactions: itching of the skin, urticaria, rash.
Drinking alcohol during treatment is not recommended, because of the risk of disulfiram-like reactions.
During the application of Klion-D 100 should refrain from sexual contact. It is recommended to conduct simultaneous therapy of sexual partners.
The drug can immobilize treponemas, which can lead to a false-positive Nelson test.
The blood picture (the number of leukocytes) should be monitored at the beginning and at the end of the treatment, since slight leukopenia may develop during use of the drug.
In the event of side effects from the central nervous system, it is necessary to refrain from driving vehicles and from working with potentially dangerous machinery.
Due to the low systemic absorption of miconazole, interaction with other drugs is due to metronidazole.
Klion-D 100 can be used simultaneously with antibiotics and sulfonamides.
When alcohol is consumed during therapy, it is possible to develop reactions like disulfiram, characterized by headache, nausea, cramping abdominal pain, vomiting, skin flushing. Do not allow simultaneous use with disulfiram (additive action, can lead to confusion).
Klion-D 100 can enhance the effect of indirect anticoagulants. An increase in prothrombin time is possible, and therefore the dose of indirect anticoagulants needs to be adjusted.
It is not recommended to combine the drug with non-depolarizing muscle relaxants (vecuronium bromide).
Cimetidine inhibits the metabolism of Klion-D 100, which can lead to an increased risk of side effects and an increase in the concentration of the drug in blood serum.
During the therapeutic course, it is possible to increase the concentration of lithium in the blood plasma, therefore, before starting the use of the drug, it is necessary to reduce the dose of lithium or to stop taking it during the treatment.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, out of reach of children at a temperature up to 30 ° C.
Shelf life - 5 years.