Clindovit is an external antibacterial drug used in the treatment of acne.
Release form and composition
Clindovit is produced in the form of 1% gel for external use - almost transparent, colorless, with a specific odor, the presence of opalescence is permissible (30 g in aluminum tubes, 1 tube in carton packs).
The composition of 1 g of gel includes:
- Active ingredient: clindamycin (in the form of phosphate) - 10 mg;
- Auxiliary components: allantoin, propylene glycol, methyl parahydroxybenzoate (nipagin), sodium hydroxide, tocopherol lauryl phosphine phosphate disodium, macrogol 400 (polyethylene oxide 400), carbomer (interpolymer), purified water.
Indications for use
Clindovit is prescribed for the treatment of acne (acne vulgaris).
- Crohn's disease;
- Ulcerative and pseudomembranous colitis (including history);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug or lincomycin.
Clindovit should be used with caution simultaneously with muscle relaxants, children under 12 years old (data on the efficacy and safety of the drug in this age group are not available), lactating women, as well as patients who have a predisposition to the occurrence of allergic reactions.
Dosing and Administration
Clindovit should be applied externally, applying a thin layer on the affected part of the skin with a frequency of application 2-3 times a day. The surface to be treated must first be cleaned and dried.
To obtain the effect of therapy should be carried out within 1.5-2 months. If necessary, the course may be extended to 6 months.
Clindovit is usually well tolerated. During therapy may develop some side effects:
- Systemic reactions: with systemic absorption of clindamycin - pseudomembranous enterocolitis;
- Local reactions: itching, burning, irritation (at the site of application), erythema, dry skin, increased secretion of sebum, peeling, contact dermatitis.
Clindovit can be used in pregnant women in cases where the intended benefit of treating the mother is greater than the potential risk to the fetus.
When using the drug, avoid contact with the mouth and eyes. Wash hands thoroughly after applying the gel.
Erythromycin and clindamycin, which is part of Clindovitis, are antagonists, therefore the simultaneous use of these antibiotics is not recommended.
There is cross-resistance between lincomycin and clindamycin.
Clindovitis may enhance the action of muscle relaxants by affecting neuromuscular transmission.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of reach of children at 15-25 ° C.
Shelf life - 2 years.