Klarotadin is a histamine H 1 receptor blocker that has anti-allergic, anti-exudative and antipruritic action. Does not possess central and anticholinergic properties.
Release form and composition
- Tablets - flat-cylindrical in form, white or almost white in color (7 pieces in blisters, 1 pack in a carton box; 10 pieces in blister packs, 1 or 3 packs in a carton pack);
- The syrup is transparent, from light yellow to yellow, with a weak fruity odor (in dark glass bottles of 100 ml, in a cardboard bundle one bottle complete with a measuring spoon).
The active ingredient of the drug is loratadine: in 1 tablet - 10 mg, in 1 ml of syrup - 1 mg.
- Tablets - lactose monohydrate, sodium carboxymethyl starch, calcium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose;
- Syrup - propylene glycol, sucrose, ethanol 96%, benzoic acid, citric acid, purified water, orange flavoring, dye tropeolin O.
Indications for use
- Urticaria (including chronic idiopathic);
- Year-round and seasonal rhinitis (including pollinosis);
- Quincke’s edema;
- Pruritic dermatosis;
- Allergic conjunctivitis;
- Allergic reactions to insect bites;
- Pseudo-allergic reactions caused by the release of histamine.
- Breastfeeding period;
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the drug.
Not recommended to appoint Klarotadin children under 2 years of age.
Patients with hepatic insufficiency should be under special observation during the treatment period.
Dosing and Administration
The drug should be taken orally 1 time per day.
- Children over 12 years old and adults - 10 mg (1 tablet or 2 scoops of syrup);
- Children 2-12 years old weighing more than 30 kg - 10 mg;
- Children 2-12 years old weighing less than 30 kg - 5 mg (1/2 tablet or 1 scoop of syrup).
The initial dose for patients with impaired liver function and renal failure (at a glomerular filtration rate of less than 30 ml / minute) is 10 mg every other day.
- Dermatological reactions: dermatitis, photosensitivity;
- Allergic reactions: fever, pruritus, chills, urticaria, angioedema;
- Sense organs: conjunctivitis, blurred vision, pain in eyes and ears;
- Metabolism: increased sweating, weight gain, thirst;
- Digestive system: increased appetite, anorexia, change in taste, flatulence, constipation or diarrhea, gastritis, dyspepsia, stomatitis;
- Central and peripheral nervous system: asthenia, anxiety, drowsiness, paresthesia, hyperkinesia, tremor, dysphonia, amnesia, blepharospasm, depression, agitation (in children);
- Respiratory system: cough, sinusitis, dry nasal mucosa, bronchospasm;
- Cardiovascular: chest pain, palpitations, decrease or increase in blood pressure;
- Musculoskeletal system: arthralgia, back pain, calf muscle cramps, myalgia;
- Urinary system: change in color of urine, painful urge to urinate;
- The reproductive system: pain in the mammary glands, menorrhagia, dysmenorrhea, vaginitis.
If you take too high a dose of the drug (40-180 mg), the following symptoms may develop: in adults - headache, tachycardia, drowsiness; in children weighing less than 30 kg - heart palpitations, extrapyramidal disorders. First aid in case of overdose involves induction of vomiting, gastric lavage and taking activated carbon. Further treatment is symptomatic. Hemodialysis is ineffective. Data on the elimination of loratadine during peritoneal dialysis is not.
Even with long-term use of the drug resistance to its action does not develop.
During the period of treatment with Klarotadin, you should not perform potentially dangerous types of work that require quick reactions and high concentration of attention (including driving a car).
The concentration of loratadine in the blood plasma can be increased by ketoconazole, cimetidine and erythromycin, but the clinical manifestations are not observed, the data on the electrocardiogram do not change.
The effectiveness of the drug is reduced by inductors of microsomal oxidation, such as tricyclic antidepressants, barbiturates, rifampicin, zixorin, phenylbutazone, phenytoin and ethanol.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry place inaccessible to children at temperature: tablets - up to 25 ºС, syrup - 12-15 ºС.
Shelf life of tablets - 4 years, syrup - 3 years.