Kipferon is a drug with anti-Chlamydia, anti-bacterial, immunomodulatory, anti-inflammatory and antiviral effects.
Release form and composition
Kipferon is produced in the form of suppositories for rectal or vaginal administration, in 5 pcs. in blisters, 1 or 2 packs in cartons.
The composition of 1 suppository includes active substances:
- Interferon Alfa - 500 thousand IU;
- Plasma protein (including IgM, IgA, IgG) - 60 mg.
Indications for use
- Inflammatory diseases of the oropharynx viral and bacterial etiology;
- Acute respiratory diseases;
- Bacterial (coli infection, dysentery, salmonellosis) and acute viral (rotavirus) intestinal infections;
- Intestinal dysbacteriosis of various origin in children;
- Urogenital chlamydia in women, including vulvovaginitis, vaginal dysbacteriosis, erosion, and cervicitis (inflammation of the cervix of the uterus).
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Depending on the evidence, Kipferon is used rectally or vaginally.
In the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the oropharynx viral and bacterial etiology, acute respiratory diseases, viral (rotavirus) and bacterial (colo-infection, dysentery, Salmonella) intestinal infections in children, intestinal bacteriosis of different origin are rectally prescribed 1 suppository:
- Children up to 1 year old - once a day;
- Children 1-3 years old - 2 times a day;
- Adults and children from 3 years - 3 times a day.
The duration of therapy is determined individually, usually it is 5-7 days. With angina with a pronounced purulent process, the treatment course can be extended up to 7-8 days.
Suppositories can be used without or at the same time as specific therapy.
In the treatment of urogenital chlamydia in women, Kipferon is used 2 times a day. 1-2 suppositories (depending on the severity of the disease) should be administered deeply intravaginally (before contact with the cervix and the posterior vaginal fornix). The duration of the treatment course averages 10 days. With concomitant erosion of the cervix uteri, the use of Kipferon is continued until its epithelialization. If there is evidence, it may be necessary to repeat the course. Treatment should begin in the first days after the end of menstruation. Before the introduction of the suppository, it is recommended to remove mucus from the cervix and mucous membranes of the vagina.
Side effects in the instructions are not described.
With the development of atypical symptoms, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
Data on the interaction with other drugs are not available.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature of 2-8 ° C out of the reach of children.
Shelf life - 1 year.