Karmolis is a combined herbal preparation with local irritating, analgesic and sedative effects.
Release form and composition
Karmolis produced in the forms:
- Drops for external use and ingestion (colorless, transparent, with the smell of menthol, essential oils and alcohol), 20 ml, 40 ml, 80 ml and 160 ml each in vials with a 1.5 ml stopper dropper, 1 bottle per cardboard packs;
- Gel for external and local use (slightly opalescent, transparent, with a strong smell of essential oils, methyl salicylate and menthol), 72 g and 145 g each in aluminum tubes, 1 tube in cardboard packs.
The composition of 1 ml of drops includes active substances:
- Menthol –15.38 mg;
- Anise oil - 0,139 mg;
- Thyme oil - 0,015 mg;
- Clove oil - 1,584 mg;
- Lavender oil - 1,584 mg;
- Chinese lemongrass oil - 1,584 mg;
- Citronella oil (Indian mint) - 0.154 mg;
- Lemon oil - 1.1 mg;
- Lavender oil spicy - 1,584 mg;
- Muscat oil - 0.630 mg;
- Sage oil - 0.316 mg.
Auxiliary components that make up the drops: 94% ethanol, purified water.
The composition of 1 g of gel contains active ingredients:
- Methyl salicylate - 10.7 mg;
- Levomenthol - 16.8 mg;
- Scots pine oil - 10.1 mg;
- Camphor - 5.6 mg;
- Purified turpentine oil - 4.5 mg;
- Muscat oil - 0.6 mg;
- Eucalyptus leaf oil - 5.6 mg;
- Sage oil - 0.8 mg;
- Rosemary oil - 2.3 mg;
- Lavender oil - 2.3 mg;
- Clove oil - 0.4 mg;
- Citronella oil (Indian mint) - 0.9 mg;
- Anise oil - 0.4 mg;
- Thyme herb oil - 1.1 mg.
Auxiliary components that make up the gel: trometamol - 6.5 mg; water - 347.4 mg; 96% ethanol - 550 mg; hydroxypropyl resin - 2 mg; glycerol - 20 mg; Carbopol 980 - 10 mg; Pemulen TR-1 - 2 mg.
Indications for use
Karmolis in the form of drops is used simultaneously with other drugs orally, externally and inhalation.
- Prevention and treatment of inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract (including ARVI and influenza);
- Irritability and increased nervous irritability, feeling of internal tension;
- Phenomena of dyspepsia (including heaviness in the epigastric region, nausea, flatulence).
Outer: sciatic nerve neuritis, insect bites, arthralgia (including rheumatism), myalgia of various origins, pruritus, headache.
Inhalation: cough-accompanied inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
Karmolis in the form of a gel is indicated for use:
- Inflammatory diseases of soft tissues and joints (simultaneously with other drugs);
- Injuries of soft tissues and musculoskeletal system (bruises, tendons and ligaments).
- Pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Contraindications to the use of Karmolis in the form of drops are:
- Obturation of the bile ducts;
- Traumatic brain damage;
- Liver disease;
- Duodenal ulcer and stomach ulcer;
Contraindications to the use of Karmolis in the form of a gel are:
- Allergic diseases in history;
- Renal function impairment;
- Skin diseases, bleeding and open wounds, irritation in places where the gel is applied.
The drug should be used with caution in bronchial asthma.
Dosing and Administration
In inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract (for the purposes of both prevention and therapy), adults are prescribed 10–20 drops of Karmolis, diluted in 1 glass of water. Also, the drug can be taken up to 5 times a day, 3-5 drops on a piece of sugar.
For inhalation to 1 liter of hot water should be added 20-25 drops of Karmolis, mix and breathe steam under a towel.
When coughing, the drug should be applied to the skin of the interscapular area and chest and rub well, after which the indicated areas are covered with a warm cloth.
With lumbago, myalgia, sciatica, arthralgia, Karmolis is applied to the affected area. To enhance the therapeutic effect of the painful area is recommended to keep warm (cover with a bandage or a warm cloth).
As a sedative and with symptoms of dyspepsia, Karmolis is prescribed orally for 10-20 drops 3-4 times a day. Drops can be diluted in water or taken on a piece of sugar.
In case of itchy skin and insect bites, the damaged areas of the skin are smeared with a solution several times a day, without rubbing.
Karmolis in the form of a gel is applied up to 5 times a day on the painful area, after which it is massaged. The duration of treatment is up to 14-21 days.
When Karmolis is used, allergic reactions and skin irritation (itching, redness) may develop.
Wash hands thoroughly after using Karmolis externally. It is necessary to avoid contact with drops and gel in the eyes and mucous membranes.
It must be borne in mind that the drops contain 64% ethanol. The average recommended dose contains 0.540 g of ethanol.
It should not be for a long period of time to apply Karmolis on the vast surface of the skin.
The gel can not be used for dressings and compresses.
If Karmolis does not have an analgesic effect within a few days, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
During the period of therapy, care should be taken when performing potentially dangerous work that requires psychomotor speed and increased attention (the work of the operator and the dispatcher, work with moving machinery, driving a vehicle, etc.).
Information about the interaction with other drugs is missing.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dark, dry place inaccessible to children at temperature up to 25 ° C.
The shelf life of the drug in the form of drops - 5 years, gel - 3 years.