Cardonat is a complex drug that regulates fat, protein and carbohydrate metabolism, stimulates metabolism, improves the elimination of toxins, reduces the activity of the thyroid gland, has antihypoxic, immunomodulatory, pronounced neurohepatogenic and cardioprotective effects, contributing to the normalization of appetite, improving intellectual and physical performance.
Release form and composition
Cardonat is available in the form of capsules - 30 or 60 pcs. in polyethylene containers, 1 container in a carton box.
The active ingredients of the drug (in 1 capsule):
- Carnitine chloride - 100 mg;
- Pyridoxal phosphate - 50 mg;
- Lysine hydrochloride - 50 mg;
- Cocarboxylase chloride - 50 mg;
- Kobamamid - 1 mg.
Indications for use
Cardonat is intended for the treatment of disorders of protein, carbohydrate and fat metabolism.
As monotherapy, the drug is prescribed for the following conditions / diseases:
- Slowing physical and / or mental development in children, including growth retardation, anorexia, asthenia and hypotrophy;
- Decrease in working capacity, physical and psychoemotional overstrain, anorexia due to overstrain;
- Dishormonal and other types of metabolic cardiomyopathy.
As part of the combination therapy, Cardonat is prescribed for the following conditions / diseases:
- Chronic heart failure and coronary heart disease;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and bronchial asthma (as an immunomodulator);
- Chronic and acute disorders of cerebral blood flow;
- Alcohol addiction, incl. improving the condition of patients with withdrawal symptoms;
- Anemia caused by deficiency of cyanocobalamin and iron;
- Hepatic failure, hepatitis, cirrhosis;
- Renal failure;
- Neuralgia, radiculopathy, peripheral neuritis;
- Hyperhomocysteinemia and acetonemic syndrome of various etiologies;
- Encephalopathy and neuropathy in patients undergoing treatment with anti-TB drugs of the isonicotinic acid hydrazide group, as well as for their prevention;
- Asthenic syndrome, recovery period after surgery, postponed somatic and infectious diseases;
- Osteoporosis and bone fractures (to increase ossification);
- Placental insufficiency, preeclampsia and intrauterine growth retardation;
- Other conditions and diseases that require additional measures to improve carbohydrate and fat metabolism.
As a means of carnitine replacement therapy, Cardonat is prescribed to patients on hemodialysis.
- The presence of malignant tumors;
- Children's age up to 1 year;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Cardonat is intended for oral administration. Capsules should be swallowed whole, with plenty of water. Children and people who have difficulty swallowing are allowed to open the capsules and dissolve their contents in 50-100 ml of sweetened water or juice. If a different regimen is not prescribed by a doctor, the drug should be taken after a meal, and for patients suffering from anorexia - 15-20 minutes before a meal.
The specific doses and duration of treatment for each patient are determined individually.
Typically, the doses are as follows:
- For adolescents older than 15 years and adults - 1-2 capsules 3 times a day;
- For children 5-15 years old - 1 capsule 2 times a day;
- For children 1-5 years - 1 capsule 1 time per day.
The duration of the course of treatment can be from 3 weeks to 3 months, according to the decision of the attending physician, it can be increased.
In most cases, Cardonat is well tolerated. Only isolated cases of side effects such as flatulence, digestive disorders, arterial hypertension, hypotension, tachycardia, irritability, skin allergic reactions are known.
If you take too high doses of the drug, digestive disorders, hypotension or hypertension, tachycardia, irritability are possible. There is no specific antidote Cardonat. As a rule, any special treatment is not required, the drug should be discontinued, undesirable effects disappear on their own for some time after stopping treatment.
During lactation, Cardonat is prescribed only if the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risks to the baby.
Cardonat reduces the effectiveness of levodopa, may enhance the action of cardiac glycosides, insulin, oral hypoglycemic and antihypertensive drugs, as well as drugs that expand peripheral vessels.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store in a dry place protected from sunlight at a temperature not exceeding 25 ºС.
Shelf life - 2 years.